Gaming Battery problems

Kailieann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my friend sent me his (phat) pandora battery so I could mod my (slim) PSP.

I made the Magic Memory Stick myself, using PSPGrader, and as far as I could tell, everything went well.

So I pressed and held L and put in the battery. The light came on, which means the battery was working. But the menu for installing the CFW never showed up.

So I removed his battery, put mine back in, and tried making the Magic Memory Stick again, using a different IPL.
Tried putting the battery in again, but the same result. Power but no menu.

So I tried again using the third IPL, and again got the same result.

So I tried again. Only, this time the power didn't even come on.

So I assumed my problems were because my friend neglected to charge his battery before he sent it to me, and I plugged in the power cord. The charge light came on for about two minutes, and then it turned green. But the battery still wouldn't work.

I've tried charging it about a dozen times, but every single time it stops after two minutes and the battery still doesn't work.

So, could someone please tell me what the hell? Because I'm completely lost, here.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Charge the battery, it probably died. See if the battery is properly placed inside the PSP. I know that the PSP Phat battery has trouble fitting in sometimes.

Kailieann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I can tell it's in properly. It's not loose or uneven at any rate.

I tried running the PSP from the power cord and then putting in the battery to charge it while it was already on. I got the same result, charge for two minutes then green.

When it's charging the battery meter is blinking and has one bar, then when it goes green the battery meter is empty (as opposed to disappearing altogether, which it would if the battery had come out somehow).

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a phat battery on my psp slim, and the program appeared on my screen. At first I was having problems getting the menu to come up, but it ended up being that the Magic Memory Stick wasnt made correctly. Since my computer is a work computer, and i dont have admin rights, it wasnt formatting it correctly. Once I redid everything on my family computer, everything went perfectly. I ended up using the tutorial that is stickied in this forum, the one that says "Best thread something or other, perfect for noobs"

Update:

This tutorial, try this one

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89413

Neo_Rena

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same problem recently.
I was using my Pandora's battery to use Time Machine, but it only had 17% left so I decided to charge it.
Suddenly the charge went from 17 to 0, and refused to charge. The orange light would stay on for awhile, but the battery was essentially dead. I've tried turning it back into normal and everything, but it's still dead.
Unless somebody else knows of some other solution, I'm sorry to say you or your friend will have to get a new one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth