Battery life?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Jefklak, Oct 17, 2006.

Oct 17, 2006

Battery life? by Jefklak at 6:20 PM (1,830 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Jefklak
    OP

Member Jefklak Advanced Member

Belgium
    Amazing review by the gbatemp staff!! [​IMG]

I only wondered about the battery usage - without the LEDs turned on or anything, just playing games.
    Does it last longer then say G6 Lite or M3?

Thanks!

2. amemoryoncelost

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I read somewhere that the regular play time on a ds lite is something like five hours and with the ds-x, LEDS OFF, is about 4.5

3. FAX addict

Newcomer FAX addict Newbie

Netherlands
    I think that my DS-X drains the battery much faster compared to regular original cards, at least that's the feeling I get.
    but it might be that I'm playing my NDS much more these days, so many games to play compared to the few original games I owned.

before the ds-x, my battery seems to last forver
    after the ds-x, nds needs a charge almost every day [​IMG]

4. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    You play at the highest brightness with your DS lite?

When I was playing on the highest I had to reload it once a day. When I moved down to the next lowest (2/4) I was shocked by how long the battery lasted.

5. sneef

Member sneef GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I definitely run out of batteries quicker on DS-X than on G6Lite. i'm sure of that.

and what really drained them was playing with supercard Lite in slot-2, and DS-X in slot-1. even though I had switched off LEDs, when I was playing supercard lite, with the ds-x still in slot-1, the LED's came on automatically, and my battery went RED really quickly. After taking out the DS-X, my battery indicator was green again, and I played comfortably for more than an hour!

just my feedback.. maybe my DS-X has problems, or maybe DS-X uses more power than we think.

6. deathspawn999

Member deathspawn999 GBAtemp Regular

with the music setting on max (and max on my headphones; even more battery draining), and the screen full power, i played ff3 for 4ish hours before the light went red. i could probably have squeezed an extra 20-30 minutes before it died, but i was almost home so i just saved and turned it off.

volume control, and screen brightness have more to do with the battery life than any flashcart.

7. animalsex

Newcomer animalsex Advanced Member

United States
    What?! Can anyone confirm this? I thought that slot1s use less battery than slot2s..?

8. sneef

Member sneef GBAtemp Regular

United States
    whoa.. whoa... hold it there.. i never said it uses more power than slot-2 carts.. i just said maybe it uses more power than previously thought.. seems to use a little more than my dslink anyway.. maybe even my g6lite.. and I've yet to see any real data proving that slot-1 solutions (existing ones) use less batteries than slot-2. my g6lite seems to be very good when it comes to power consumption.. what does drain batteries a lot is using "instant save" a lot in gba games.. i guess its all that extra write access to the memory

9. Tir

Member Tir GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    G6 Lite seems to be the king of battery life still for whatever reason, it'll be interesting to see how the Acekard compares to DSX since they say it only uses about the same power as a normal DS cart.

10. niclicious

Newcomer niclicious Member

nintendo says:

Battery: Lithium ion battery delivering five to 19 hours of play on a four-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter.yea but how do you turn off the led's?

I was gettin about 10 now with the ds-x its alot less. i just need to turn down the brightness and turn off the leds on the ds-x

by the way

how do you turn off the led's on the DS-X?

11. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    go ito setting and it should say like green led blue led and all the the ones with number beside them press the down arrow to 0 then they should not be on anymore

12. niclicious

Newcomer niclicious Member

hmmm.
    i thought thats what it was set to already and the blue led's are on for both the sides....let me check again....

13. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    nope lol :-p