Battery Life of original DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rangent, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Hey everyone, got a question:

I was wondering if anyone know the battery life of the original DS when playing a game? I think it's around 4-6 hours but I wanted to check. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew any ways to increase battery life... if anyone knows of any aftermarket batterys to increase life, or any portable charging solutions? I'm going on a trip in a little while (airplanes/airports/trains... etc) and probably wont be around any chargers and was wondering if anyone knows any ways to get around this? Thanks for your time!

2. nintendofreak

nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

Mar 27, 2006
    United States
    Cal Poly Pomona / (323)
    you could buy replacement batteries, charge them, take it out of the ds, put a new one in, charge that one, and so on. SO when you run out of one battery, you can open your ds, and put a fully charged one [​IMG]

3. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    I suppose that is probably the easiest way, but I was wondering if anyone else knew of any other ways?

4. usurper77

usurper77 Advanced Member

Oct 30, 2002
    United States
    To conserve battery power, play with no sound and the light off. That should provide maximum battery life. I think there is a USB charger available. If you have a laptop to plug it into this is also a good solution.

5. Jinny

Jinny Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    I have been planning on buying this on:
    Emergency Charger from Lik-Sang.

Edit:Sorry, I didn't notice you were talking about the DS Fat.
    Well then I guess you need this one.

6. meangreenie

meangreenie Banned

Banned
    Nov 14, 2005
    Get a battery pack (double the battery life) @£10.00

then only play GBA games at low volume (double the battery life again).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice