Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I have a very strange problem
blink.gif
I have flashed DS Lite (V7) and M3 SDMini. DSL can stay "on" only for about two and a half hours. What is the problem??
wtf.gif
wacko.gif

mikehammerX9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know that, because i don't have any original games at home
unsure.gif
But the DSL with M3 must stay "on" much longer than two and a half hours for shure
wacko.gif

I forgot to tell you. Brightness is set to max level and sound too.

pomperberry

Trophies
XP
Country
what ? no original games
cry.gif

you need to learn a lesson methinks
lecture.gif

software house + no purchases of its game = bankrupt software house = no more games released.
i have over 30 original DS games, plus dozens of GBA games, but have found the m3 superb, as it can enable a good try out of games before purchase.

IF there was a try before you buy option in game shops ( not just those useless kiosk demos) i'm sure people would feel happier about buying
wub.gif

some of the really praised up games are actually not that great (new super mario bros is not any more playable IMHO than any of the gba ones.)
i'd have been very disappointed to get it for my birthday.
then there is Ouendan - my all time favourite weird japanese game. you gotta try that before you buy
rolleyes.gif
it is perfect ( except the japanese - but the game is perfectly understandable without knowing the full story)

talking of perfect, the M3 perfect ( mine is the CF version) does suck batteries.
I think 2 1/2 hours is a little less than i get - probably 51/2 - 6 - but i'm still testing it on my ds lite.
i also got a passcard 3, which i have to say is way better than passkey2, and works perfectly everytime.
my passkey2 used to wobble ( like the zx81 16kb ram pack - anyone remember that?? you'd spend 3 hours typing a program out of zx monthly and the computer would wobble, and you'd lose the lot. )

that's my fourpenn'orth today.

take care

mikehammerX9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I had original Metroid Prime Hunters, Super Mario 64 DS, Warioware touched, Nintendogs, Castelvania: Dawn of Sorrow,... but i sold them. But now this is not important. The battery in my Lite sux, and that is the problem
cry.gif

HeinzHarald

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why not bring the brightness down from max? I mean max is extreme overkill if you ask me, and a sure way to eat lots and lots of battery. I use the second to lowest setting, and think the brightness is great.

Remember that wi-fi will eat more battery than regular gaming.

mikehammerX9

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I didn't use wi-fi connections. Official specifications for battery life are:

Brightness Level 1: 15-19 hours
Brightness Level 2: 10-15 hours
Brightness Level 3: 7-11 hours
Brightness Level 4: 5-8 hours (mine 2,5 hours)

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes less than 3 hours is about right for the M3, with max brightness.
Just remember everything drains the battery, Brightness levels, sound
levels, if your running a pass-threw cart, if the game is WiFi & even how
graphic intensive the game is. The M3 is no better at battery life then any
other card.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't use wi-fi connections. Official specifications for battery life are:

Brightness Level 1: 15-19 hours
Brightness Level 2: 10-15 hours
Brightness Level 3: 7-11 hours
Brightness Level 4: 5-8 hours (mine 2,5 hours)
Yes, those times are for when you're playing with a regular DS game card. Using flash carts usually means halving those times so, 2.5 hours should be about right at level 4 brightness.

HeinzHarald

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Halving? That hasn't been my experience with my M3 MiniSD and Passcard 3. Perhaps if we go by the top estimated time. But I've only used level 2 brightness.

Anyone got any numbers on how much more a flash cart drains compared to a regular GBA cart? Seems a better comparison if we are going to judge the flash carts as power hogs. And if you keep a retail game in there even though you've flashed, in order to use sleep mode, it will drain from two sources (and of course it will always do so if you use a PassME device).

I don't know if there is any difference between different flash carts, but there sure could be. Depending on what kind of components they use (and possibly the memory type).

Btw it takes pretty much exactly one hour for the battery in my DSL to drain completely after the red light comes on. And if I'm not mistaken one hour of red light is what Nintendo estimates? I didn't play for that hour though, but let it sit and run the Metroid intro. Don't know how much less power the intro drains compared to actual gameplay.

Celb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an M3 SD slim, flashme, ds lite, 3rd brightness setting, and lasts about 4-5 hours on average, much less on wifi. the halving those times 7-11, sounds about right.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made a test 2 days ago, played pirates of the carribean in co-op mode for exactly 4 hours with a full charge before the light changed color. That's with my DS phat wich i bought at US lauch (obviously has an old battery) with M3 CF. The full 4 hours were in local multiplayer.

I must admit, it was better than i expected.

sage_inferno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also did a battery timecheck with pirates:dmc
Ndsl lite with m3slimsd/flashme 7
Brightness Level 4
charge time 2 hours

play time 22.00-03.00 (5hours)

loash

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a passcard3 + M3 minisd + ds lite combo

not flashed

on 2nd brightness setting, i'd say it takes about 5-6 hours to get to RED led. i haven't timed it but it feels about that long.

also, what's the best game to test out the battery? I want to test it out without playing a game...just to see how long it goes

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I just tested my DSL battery out. Important for me to know when I'm travelling.

Using an M3 Perfect (Slim) on full charge, I get around 7.5 hours out of the battery on the second lowest brightness setting. About half as along as what Nintendo states which is about right. That's double than what I used to get on the original DS so it's great!

Not going to test it on level 3 and 4 because they're too bright for me
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: