Hacking Battery indicator turns red

ftpyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just got an Acekard 2. It works great, except for one thing: It seems whenever the card loads from/writes to the microSD, e.g. loading a ROM, the battery indicator LED turns red. Sometimes it returns to green after a while, but often it stays red until I either turn the device off or enter hibernation. This happens even if my Nintendo DS is fully charged.

This can't be normal behavior, right? Is there a solution or is my card broken? Any help appreciated!

(I have a Nintendo DS Lite. The microSD is a Kingston 4GB SDHC.)

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check to see if it is a real AK2. Pictures of real and fake on acekard.com
Does this happen with other carts?
also if you can check if it does it on another ds, might be your battery is not putting our the correct voltage .

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be an indication that there is a problem with that card drawing too much current and drawing the battery voltage down. I would recommend trying a different, known good AceKard in your unit and see if that one exhibits the same behavior. Be careful, if your Acekard is drawing enough amperage to cause the battery indicator to turn red, it is close to popping an internal fuse that will require either a return to NOA or a fairly difficult disassembly process to get to that fuse.

If a different Acekard functions normally in your unit, I would return your Acekard to the vendor for replacement.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i think it's because your machine....
check if your AK is the real one search on GBATemp there was post that shows the FAKE acekard...

ftpyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewback said:
check to see if it is a real AK2. Pictures of real and fake on acekard.com
Found the pictures on the acekard.com, without opening it up it looks like the real deal (noticed that it says AK2i now).

dewback said:
Does this happen with other carts?
It has never happened with any original games, which is the only thing I've been running on my DS up until now.

QUOTE(dewback @ Sep 30 2009, 03:57 PM)
also if you can check if it does it on another ds, might be your battery is not putting our the correct voltage .
Will try this ASAP.

Thanks!

ftpyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whipple said:
I would recommend trying a different, known good AceKard in your unit and see if that one exhibits the same behavior. [...] If a different Acekard functions normally in your unit, I would return your Acekard to the vendor for replacement.
Will try this too. I'll probably end up going back to my vendor trying with a different Acecard/device.

BTW, I just remembered that my DS is a Japanese import. Does this have any significance?

Thanks again!

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, being a Japanese version should not make a difference, at least as far as the battery indicator problem is concerned.

You might want to remove your SD card and try your empty Acekard in your DS to see if anything changes. There is a slight possibility that the issue could be a defective SD card. Since you SD card is from Kingston, a known manufacturer of quality memory chips, it is unlikely. However, counterfeit Kingston chips occasionally appear in the marketplace.

ftpyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went back to my vendor, who let me try another Acecard. On my DS Lite the problem occurred exactly the same with both cards while on another DS Lite both cards seemed to work fine, even with my own microSD inserted (I was unable to try with another microSD as the clerk didn't have one prepared).

This is looking more and more like a problem with my DS Lite, which as I said earlier was imported from Japan around the day of release. I'm going to borrow another DS from an acquaintance later this week to establish that the problem does not appear over gradual use.

Not sure yet whether this affects actual battery life or if it's just a glitch with the indicator.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you replaced the battery of your dslite? If it is the original battery it might be dying and can't consistently supply the extra current:(amperage) to run the acekard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1