Hacking Battery drain in 4.1.0/ReiNX/AutoRCM in sleep mode

pworld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi everyone, I got some battery drain which I can't really explain.

I am using ReiNX together with a 4.1.0 firmware and AutoRCM enabled. I have deleted all Wifi settings.
The switch is definitely in sleep mode as I can turn it on without sending it a payload.
The drain is about 10% per day, which is somewhat lower than other people with battery drain reported, but also much higher than OFW.

Does anybody know what causes this and how to fix/avoid it?

pworld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I already know the battery drain is much lower in OFW, as it layed there for two weeks once and still didn't run out of charge.

EDIT: But fair enough, I don't know whether it's ReiNX or AutoRCM, so I will try to reboot to stock (but with AutoRCM enabled) to see it

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If it is in RCM, you won't be able to do anything unless you push a payload (you can turn it off by holding the power button for 12+ seconds).
If it is in sleep mode, you can wake it, for example, with the home button

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
isn't a 10 percent loss a day kinda normal in sleep mode ? I'm guessing ur talking about your switch being docked while being in sleep mode ? If it's not a 10 percent drain is normal because the battery degrades over time and depletion will be bigger and bigger the older it gets

Last edited by kumikochan,

pworld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Nah, it is definitely not normal, it should be much less (but maybe you think it is normal because you have the same problem as me?).
No, it isn't docked, just laying there, Joycons attached, but nothing else done with it.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
isn't a 10 percent loss a day kinda normal in sleep mode ? I'm guessing ur talking about your switch being docked while being in sleep mode ? If it's not a 10 percent drain is normal because the battery degrades over time and depletion will be bigger and bigger the older it gets
That's not normal, because Switch's sleep mode is extremely effective.

OP. Try different CFW (any from Hekate pretty much) and see if the drain is same.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nah, it is definitely not normal, it should be much less (but maybe you think it is normal because you have the same problem as me?).
No, it isn't docked, just laying there, Joycons attached, but nothing else done with it.
It is normal, your battery degraded a bit more then others.. That's it. Sometimes you're in luck and sometimes you're just unlucky and got a bad battery

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get a 5 percent loss a day. I'm pretty sure after a year i'll also be closer to that number. It depends on your battery. Not all batteries are alike, even when they're from the same brand of same type and so forth. Some are lucky and some are unlucky that they have a battery that performs less than the other

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It is normal, your battery degraded a bit more then others.. That's it. Sometimes you're in luck and sometimes you're just unlucky and got a bad battery
If his battery degraded this fast, his switch wouldn't last even an hour while gaming...
This is not normal even for 2 year oldbattery.
If his battery is really this bad, he would be loosing about 8ish% per day while off.
Also his battery drain in OFW is lower.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If his battery degraded this fast, his switch wouldn't last even an hour while gaming...
This is not normal even for degraded battery.
10 percent a day ? So if you don't charge it, it will be depleted after 10 days ? Sounds kinda normal to me tho. He's just unlucky that he got a bad battery that degrades faster

pworld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

OP. Try different CFW (any from Hekate pretty much) and see if the drain is same.
Well, I now will try OFW and check if the drain is the same. I think the drain in OFW should be the lowest possible.
kumikochan said:
I get a 5 percent loss a day. I'm pretty sure after a year i'll also be closer to that number. It depends on your battery. Not all batteries are alike, even when they're from the same brand of same type and so forth. Some are lucky and some are unlucky that they have a battery that performs less than the other
So you are also affected by the battery drain, although not as severe as me. Without battery drain, the battery loss is more like 1-2% (I am not sure, but something in that ballpark). The battery shouldn't degrade that fast, usually it has 80% efficiency for quite some time

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, I now will try OFW and check if the drain is the same. I think the drain in OFW should be the lowest possible.So you are also affected by the battery drain, although not as severe as me. Without battery drain, the battery loss is more like 1-2% (I am not sure, but something in that ballpark). The battery shouldn't degrade that fast, usually it has 80% efficiency for quite some time
Also using autorcm btw until my reed switches finally arrive

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
10 percent a day ? So if you don't charge it, it will be depleted after 10 days ? Sounds kinda normal to me tho. He's just unlucky that he got a bad battery that degrades faster
This is not normal. Switch has an extremely efficient sleep mode. I left mine for 2 months in sleep and lost only 40%... (Forgot to turn off my 1.0.0 collector's piece :D )
Even my phone loses less while being on (only screen is off).

Or maybe I am just super lucky and won an amazing battery lottery...

This can be also caused by an update. I don't know.

pworld

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
This can be also caused by an update. I don't know.
I don't think that, as I didn't update the console, but left it (in 4.1.0) in sleep mode for a long time in OFW (without AutoRCM) and didn't lose too much (1-2% per day were really a ballpark estimate, 40% in two months might also have been the case)

xitpu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe even if in sleep mode, if you have a heavy game loaded into memory (es. Skyrim) maybe the sleep mode drain a little more (from 4-5% to 9-10%)...
About difference beetwen OFW e CFW maybe in OFW you dont load any games.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe even if in sleep mode, if you have a heavy game loaded into memory (es. Skyrim) maybe the sleep mode drain a little more (from 4-5% to 9-10%)...
About difference beetwen OFW e CFW maybe in OFW you dont load any games.
Yeah could be that when you have a game loaded while in sleep mode that it drains faster then when no game is loaded into the memory. Could be, u made a good point. Didn't think about that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/28/business/chocolate-price-increase-easter-holidays/index.html