Battery discharging in an hour after replacing screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by enigmajk, Aug 22, 2009.

1. enigmajk
    OP

Newcomer enigmajk Newbie

United States
    I just recently fixed up a broken DS lite I had and after replacing the touch screen, top screen, hinge and housing I've come across a problem. My battery even after being fully charged will go red after an hour of play. Regardless of game cart (Acekard or real game cart) I've even swapped out batteries producing the same results. I've narrowed it down to the top screen by disconnecting my new screen and connecting my old screen, my battery will run for hours with no problems. After reading up on the screens from Dealextreme it appears this is a widespread problem that other people are having as well.

Apparently desoldering one or both of the speakers from the screen fixes this problem but I dont want to have to resort to that unless I have to. Anyone have any solutions to this? No fun having to charge my DS every hour just to play it.

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well...what's wrong with your old top screen? The issue is obviously because the replacement one you bought is faulty and is probably shorting something out. I'd suggest you return it and ask for a replacement.

3. enigmajk
    OP

Newcomer enigmajk Newbie

United States
    My old screen ribbon is all bent and torn it displays everything with a blue tint to it, I will look into seeing if they will take it back Im just doubtful they will as I have no way through pictures to prove it has a problem. Other than them taking my word on it. Also it seems to affect alot of the screens as some people have ordered 5 or more all with the same problem.

4. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Where did you get it?

5. enigmajk
    OP

Newcomer enigmajk Newbie

United States
    I got it from dealextreme.