Hacking Question Battery calabration payload/homebrew fix (Not a realease)

timmystar04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello im just wondering if someone would be able to create a payload/homebrew app to fix the battery calabration issue by forcing the switch to check the battery percentage or something like that im asking because i have the issue one my switch but i stripped the right rail screw so i cant do the usual fix

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello im just wondering if someone would be able to create a payload/homebrew app to fix the battery calabration issue by forcing the switch to check the battery percentage or something like that im asking because i have the issue one my switch but i stripped the right rail screw so i cant do the usual fix
there are a number of methods to remove a stripped screw, and I believe SciresM is working on a fix

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm gonna create a dreaded double post to ask, which screw did you strip? you only need to unscrew the middle one to open the switch.

timmystar04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there are a number of methods to remove a stripped screw, and I believe SciresM is working on a fix
Ok thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm gonna create a dreaded double post to ask, which screw did you strip? you only need to unscrew the middle one to open the switch.
I stripped the middle one on the right joycon rail

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: BelmontSlayer

timmystar04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well cool, I hope something does come out like that.
here's his tweet

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with the same screw. It was really tight and was stripping even with alot of force and using the correct bit. I was finally able to get it out after i changed to a flat head after the screw stripped pretty badly. my console is currently missing a screw in that spot.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly. Because when someone shoots you and you would remove your heart from your body, your wound would regenerate.

And of course you're perform the surgery with a shot gun, because that is what caused the problem in the first place.

payload broke it, payload can fix it.
shotgun broke it, shotgun can fix it.

Unless Nintendo put in a mechanism for resetting the battery that can be triggered from software, then unplugging the battery and then reconnecting it might be the only way to get them back in sync.

Did they do that and will someone figure out how to trigger it? That isn't something we can know yet.

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Surgery. Surgery via other payload.
And of course you're perform the surgery with a shot gun, because that is what caused the problem in the first place.

payload broke it, payload can fix it.
shotgun broke it, shotgun can fix it.

Unless Nintendo put in a mechanism for resetting the battery that can be triggered from software, then unplugging the battery and then reconnecting it might be the only way to get them back in sync.

Did they do that and will someone figure out how to trigger it? That isn't something we can know yet.
Yup. A surgery. A surgery via payload. Otherwise your patient dies (you know, removing heart is usually lethal).
One payload can be the gun.
Other payload can be the surgery. Noone said that the same payload can fix it...

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what? We just get blasted daily with a new thread about the same thing all day every day?

Meanwhile giant threads documenting well known issues get buried? I don't get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night