Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
So I updated to 4.1 from 3.1.2 here the other day. It was fine for a couple of days, but the now battery life is horrible!
mad.gif
It only need to be on standby for a few hours before its empty.
I've seen that a lot of others have had that problem too. I tried turning of Notifications, but that didn't work.
sad.gif

Any other solutions? Do I need to update again? I rather not, since its a jailbroken. Since its jailbroken I can try to download some of those Battery log apps from Cydia if that helps.
wink.gif

Its a iPod Touch 2g/3g MC model.
smile.gif

Jerrrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have had the same problem. Was caused by multitasking, which also slowed down the ipod. I solved it by flashing it again with multitasking off..

Double press the home button to see if there are any tasks running on the background.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delta517 said:
So I updated to 4.1 from 3.1.2 here the other day. It was fine for a couple of days, but the now battery life is horrible!
mad.gif
I've seen that a lot of others have had that problem too. I tried turning of Notifications, but that didn't work.
sad.gif

Any other solutions? Do I need to update again? I rather not, since its a jailbroken. Since its jailbroken I can try to download some of those Battery log apps from Cydia if that helps.
wink.gif

smile.gif

3.1.3 should fix that issue
smile.gif

Also, Upgrade from 4.2.1 to a LOWER iOS?!?! That's downgrading my friend
nyanya.gif

Anyway, upgrade to 3.1.3

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
iFish said:
Delta517 said:
mad.gif
sad.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

nyanya.gif

Anyway, upgrade to 3.1.3

No it makes sense

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jerrrrr said:
Have had the same problem. Was caused by multitasking, which also slowed down the ipod. I solved it by flashing it again with multitasking off..

Double press the home button to see if there are any tasks running on the background.

You don't flash an iPod.....

At least not that I know of.
Or that isn't the right term.

Posts merged

Supersonicmonk said:
iFish said:
QUOTE(Delta517 @ Jan 3 2011, 04:00 PM) So I updated to 4.1 from 3.1.2 here the other day. It was fine for a couple of days, but the now battery life is horrible!
mad.gif
sad.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

nyanya.gif

Anyway, upgrade to 3.1.3

No it makes sense

Oh damn. I misread.

Sorry!
sad.gif

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Yay! I caused iFish to fail!
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I tried to see if I had something running in the background by pressing the Home Button twice, but nothing happends. I don't think multitasking works on iPod.
unsure.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
By default, the iPod touch 2G does not support multitasking. You'll need to change the capabilities inside of /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N72AP.plist to allow it.

Jerrrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also have this exact model, and the jailbreak tool i used just had a checkbox to turn multitasking on. Since Delta517's iPod is also jailbroken it could be possible..

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use ztoggle to turn on and off multitasking and background pictures on unsupported devices (you'll notice the speed difference, believe me). You can get it through Cydia.

KingPockets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I did to make my ipod battery life back to normal on my Ipod touch 3g and my brother's ipod touch 2g MB model on 4.1 firmware.

Go to Settings>General>Reset

1. Reset Network Settings
2. After it reboots, reset location warnings
3. Reset All Settings

Then I turned all push notications off and then hard resetted my ipod touch. After it rebooted, I turned wifi back on and it doesn't drain anymore.

I think it would be better if you disable the push notications launch daemon so that push notications won't work before resetting. (I have always did this first)
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?