Batman: Arkham Knight Coming to XBox One, PS4 and PC This Year

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Foxi4, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Confirming an earlier leak by the UK video game stores chain GAME, Warner Brothers has announced that the next Batman game in the renowned Arkham series entitled Arkham Knight is currently being developed by Rocksteady and will be released this year for XBox One, PS4 and PC.​
    Once again, the game is planned to be open-world, even bigger than its predecessors, and this time you will get the option to traverse it using the iconic Batmobile.​
    The game will feature a familiar roster of characters, including villians Scarecrow, who appears to be the main villian of the game, Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn.​

What's more to say? Sit down, enjoy the show and count the days before you can pre-order the game - should you choose to do so, there's a free Harley Quinn DLC in it for you as a pre-order bonus.

:arrow: Source

Jiehfeng and chavosaur like this.

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    6SoulTriox and Foxi4 like this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I want to run over so many pedestrians villains in the Batmobile.

Foxi4, Jiehfeng, chavosaur and 2 others like this.
  4. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Gah! By 2 minutes, 2 minutes! :rofl2:

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I will watch Batman movie (To be honest, they sucks).

Anyway, I will never played Batman games. I dont liked Batman games at all.

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were fantastic games, so I'm looking forward to another Rocksteady game. I just hope they don't make it all about the Joker this time around. Let the clown stay down.

Also, if they can't bring back Conroy, how about Will Arnett?

chavosaur, shakirmoledina and Foxi4 like this.
  7. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    I never played Asylum but Arkham city is a fantastic game, i find it hard to believe they will top that. I just think City did everything perfectly. Every well known villians were in the game, the story was good and the game had excellent length (Especially the Wii-u version with all the good DLC included) and the challanges for the stealth/fight that could go for top scores.

On viewing of that trailer tho, im a little worried, i noticed a little bit too much "gunplay" in the trailer, i know its not gameplay footage but still. the alarm bells are already ringing for me. Bigger open world sounds good on paper but when i actually think about it, that means alot of traveling around with the car instead of using the grapple hook to float over the city like a bird that made traveling in Arkham city a blast! I know its early to start assuming things but yeah, i approach this news with a skeptical view.

8. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    Just saw this a few moments ago, and I must say I'm quite hyped up for this.
    I passed up on Origins, as it wasn't made by Rocksteady and looked like it was pretty meh with not much added over Arkham City, but the two first games were fantastic.

A shame really, for me the first two games are probably the best video game adaptations of a superhero.

chartube12 and Attila13 like this.
  9. Logan97

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    Batman Arkham Knights looks nice, but lets hope they implement sicker Fighting elements.

What we need now is a Teen titans Video game based on the Cartoon network show, I think Rocksteady can pull it off, along with Ultimate Spiderman 2 in consideration :).There pulling it off with batman games, so I'm 100% positive that they can pull it off with any superhero game at this Rate.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  10. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Glad to see the trend of no-footage-trailers continues onward.

11. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

"muh footage trailers!"

Please stop they will come later. People complain about trailers not showing gameplay when there ends up being hours upon hours of gameplay footage available for most games before launch.

12. GamerSince83

GamerSince83 West Coast Pimpin'

Banned
    Feb 15, 2014
    United States
    On The Wild Plains of the Interweb...
    Ah the Old Iron Man pose on the cover......Et Tu Batman?

Wishing the Batmobile gameplay is a sweet Burnout : Arkam Edition flavor :ph34r:

13. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    FTFY and whatnot. :tpi:

GamerSince83 likes this.
  14. GamerSince83

GamerSince83 West Coast Pimpin'

Banned
    Feb 15, 2014
    United States
    On The Wild Plains of the Interweb...
    Ultra Chain Combo Kaboom!!!

Make use of that Next-Gen power......

15. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    What about the Wii U? :(

Jiehfeng and tbgtbg like this.
  16. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's a game for next-gen systems, it would appear that they're skipping last gens altogether.

//Master_Trole_Is_Me :tpi:

17. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Another game to add to the PS4 wishlist.

18. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I`m not sure about this...

I played Asylum and City and I thought Asylum was way better. Even though City is still a good game I personally like the tight gameplay and story telling of Asylum over the semi-openess of City.

Probably they`ll go into a similar direction in this title so they have to convince me that all this space they are creating is really needed...

But the major gripe I have with this and also with Arkham Origins is that I find the Artstyle to not be very good. I think making Batman look like something that could be made in a life-action film is not necessary... I mean it is not life action! I need Batman to have a messive chin, massive shoulders, a cool looking suit that doesn`t look like an armor and also for nostalgia-sake something that looked like that Batmobile and not a tank.

I found images on Google, where I find Batman to be portraited the best:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Oh wait... that first one is like a totally original Rocksteady design!!! What happened to their artdirector? I guess they watched a little to much Dark Knight Rises...

Oh, and before anyone asks: Particularly with Batman it matters to me quite a bit how it looks. It gets me more invested in the character. That`s probably also why I liked Begins more than the Dark Knight and Rises (though I thought that movie generally was better!).

19. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    I'm not one to ogle over graphics, but gosh does this game ever look sexy.

20. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    #nextgenmasterrace :creep:

This is cool, I'm really interested since the previous games were quite good in my opinion.