Hacking Baten Kaitos Origins FIXT question

yoyoloto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have a question about patching BK origins using FSTFIX.

The point of that patch is to increase the size of the rom so as to avoid crashing (related to complicated reading speed stuff that I don't quite understand)
I read on the compatibility list given by the wiki of this website that it would also work as a multigame iso without crashes (which doesnt work with gc loader .2).
It said to fstfix the first disc (the game is divided in two parts) in t s g and the second one in t s f. I dont really understand these either but its not the point.
The first fixt file was 3GB as expected from the t s g patch, but the second was only 1.45 or so.
My question is wether multigame iso-ing (sorry for the spelling) those 2 files is still gonna fix the problem or is it wrong that my second file isnt 3GB like the first one ?
I would try myself, I think its actually supposed to be that way for the 2 files to fit in a DVD (6GB sounds a bit huge for 4,8GB DVDs) but I want to hear what you guys thinking to avoid wasting DVDs.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i wrote it, and i have the 1st Baten Kaitos game working this way, 1st disc 3.x GB, 2nd disc 1.x GB. I don't know if i assumed it would work with another 1.x GB game before both games(with 1.x GB) or if i got some report on this.

So in theory either put one 1.x GB game on the multi game disc, and then both discs unpatched. Or do what the wiki says with the 3.x and 1.x GB file, just make sure it's the correct order, or you defeat the purpose of all this.

yoyoloto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crap, black and white problem. I'll need to redo it with the previous version of the iso creator, some moderator told me it should fix the colours.

Other than that, the freezings are gone, all gone. I think the way is indeed 3.x 1.x .

Thank you for your answer it was helpful
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yoyoloto said:
Crap, black and white problem. I'll need to redo it with the previous version of the iso creator, some moderator told me it should fix the colours.

Other than that, the freezings are gone, all gone. I think the way is indeed 3.x 1.x .

Thank you for your answer it was helpful
smile.gif

Did you try forcing PAL480i? Or are you using WiiGator's loader? In that case, try NeoGamma.

yoyoloto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only have NTSC 480 I think, and yes I am using WiiGators loader. And I failed to install NeoGamma, but it is fine someone told me that a previous version of the multigame iso creator would fix that problem, as the newer version forces games into PAL.

And even if doesn't work, the crashes are gone, which means I can just go back to single game DVDs to include colours.

In any case I will post the results here to let ppl know.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, it's a combination of the multi game creator and WiiGator's loader failing. That version of the multi game creator creates all discs as PAL, and WiiGator's loader, loads the game in the region of the multi game disc, instead of the region of the actual game.

NeoGamma would be able to play the game in NTSC480i.

yoyoloto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No worries, I used another version, and Im patching the game using fastfix anyway.
Neogamma is too much of a challenge (for me) to install, and countless errors occurred while I tried.

EDIT: My problem is solved by the way

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yoyoloto said:
No worries, I used another version, and Im patching the game using fastfix anyway.
Neogamma is too much of a challenge (for me) to install, and countless errors occurred while I tried.

EDIT: My problem is solved by the way

??? You just put the files of NEOGAMMA on your SD card......
Baiten Kaitos working perfect here, Both games on multi disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr