BatchDPG download help!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by jalapeno, Apr 2, 2007.

Apr 2, 2007

BatchDPG download help! by jalapeno at 3:56 PM (3,598 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. jalapeno
    OP

Member jalapeno GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Does anyone have the link for BatchDpg 1.3 beta 4 [5.3mb]

the one from the offical website doesnt work for me, it freezes up.

could someone stick it on megaupload, or if anyone knows of a mirror site.

Thanks in advance,

[​IMG]
    Jalapeno

2. clivefrog

Newcomer clivefrog Advanced Member

3. jalapeno
    OP

Australia
    thanks alot clivefrog, exactly what i wanted,

i really appreciate the effort, and the quick reply

[​IMG]

thanks again

4. clivefrog

Newcomer clivefrog Advanced Member

no problem, good luck with 1.3, it gave me nothing but trouble, I've gone back to using 1.0

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Same here, amount of codecs and crap I had to install to get it working and it still didnt work, just went back to 1.0 and it converts everything.

6. jalapeno
    OP

Australia
    Im using it mainly for the "fast seek"

although i dont see much differences in quality with batch, over dpgtools, even with the ultra profile

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  8. jalapeno
    OP

Australia
    hi fast,

i saw your version, but i didnt really understand it, my fault being a n00b [​IMG]

BatchDPG 4.5 works fine for me, all i had to do was install avsynth...

can someone explain the codecs thing to me?

9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Compression is done according to standards, a simple concept might be to say the line above the current line is the same as the current one however the next line is a new line (it would be practically unwatchable but you get the idea). A codec is simply something that can either encode a or decode a (or both) compressed stream that follows a standard that it is designed for (codec is an amalgamation of enCOder DECoder).

Naturally you need to be able to decode the video to encode into a new standard (a process known as transcoding) so this is where codecs come in. Many codec packs install codecs without regard for the standard they decode (xvid, divx, 3vix and msmpeg4 all decode the same standard more or less) and can cause major issues as they all fight over it (not to mention some are slower than others). Related to this is a splitter which is there to get the video stream, audio stream and whatever else you might have in a container (AVI, WMV, MKV, quicktime, RMVB (real), MP4 etc) and feed it into the decoder.

Various people have attempted to combine codecs with the one of the most well known (and certainly one of the best) being FFDshow (others include mplayer/mencoder). The original author has vanished but various people have taken to keeping it updated and fixing it, the links I gave being the most popular of these alternative versions.