Batch WAD install to USB NAND?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sicklyboy, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Help a noob out? I just dumped my FS with Simple FS dumper, copied it to my USB HDD. I have a ton of wiiware wads to instll to it, but I am not sure how... surely there is a more efficient way than the one at a time of YAWMM and Waninkokos Wad Manager? I cant figure out how to do it with MMM, and every time I finish installing a WAD with YAWMM or Wad Manager, if I go to install another WAD I get error -1024, and have to reboot back into WAD manager/YAWMM to install the next one.

Edit - was running IOS249 for that. Was installing wads from SD to usb nand, but I cant mount the hdd in yawmm to install wads from that. Do I need to use ios222/223? Or for some reason ios61 also seems like a choice? o.o (yawmm is giving a -1 error when trying to mount the usb hdd to browse from but is fine using it for nand)

Edit 2 - ios61 mounts it but doesnt let me choose nand emulation. 222 doesnt mount it. 236 crashes with a code dump. 250 doesnt mount it. 254 boots it to bootmii (I guess thats the bootmii IOS? never knew O_O) 223 doesnt emulate nand and wont mount. 202 wont emulate or mount. 70 mounts but wont emul. 60 mounts but wont emul. 58 wont mount.

meh I will keep testing all the available IOSs (I dont know much about which one does what. I know 222/223 are used for usb loading, 249 is homebrew support, and 254 is apparently bootmii ios, not to delete anything below 200, I KNOW I have no stubs, but beyond that I just follow instructions I find here.

so my main question: what IOS can I use to enable USB NAND emulation and install wads from USB? And what program can I use that supports all of that and batch installs?

also, usb drive is a 500 gig drive, fat 32 formatted, homebrew and usb loading work fine off of it.

2. bwillb

bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 2, 2009
    United States
    249 is what you want but I think only rev14 fully supports emulation at the moment. rev 20 was supposed to but it got left out, will return in rev 21.

3. Sicklyboy
    OP

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    249 rev 14 is what I have... yet still, when I try to mount the usb device it returns a -1 error.

Saw on wiihacks that you can do it from your pc with ShowMiiWads, I suppos I will try that (there are a few channels I wanna delete from the nand backup anyway)