Hacking Batch sav file converter?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate Shuny's sav file converter and all, but honestly is there anything that can batch convert? It would be nice, and is near necessary when swapping from one flashcart to another.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does that actually require conversion? I thought they used the same save format (raw 512KB save files), and I also thought that the Real somewhat recently changed the extension of the save files from .0 to .sav, making them exactly the same as SCDS1 save files.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
! I'll have to try it, if that's the case, well then thanks, thanks a lot. :3 And yea they changed it to .SAV.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out M3 Real uses RAW 256 KB, I'll try converting then try again.

I've tried loading TWEWY, all saves named after the game, I can only suppose that it doesn't matter if the long name matches and how the hell do I change (or batch change) the name that the SCDS1 reads the saves as?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found some 512KB copies from R4 and those won't work either ._.;
I'll give the download a try too though.

It uses a .SCI file, so I do have to convert :S Just found that out by making a TWEWY save. @_@

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is the first time I've heard of an .SCI file. Are you sure that's the in-game save and not an instant save (AKA real time save or save state)? You can tell easily by the file size; an in-game save will be 512KB at most, while a real time save will be about 5MB.

Also, do you have the SCDS1 set to write the save directly to the memory card instead of specifying the save type? If not, try that.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Destructobot said:
This is the first time I've heard of an .SCI file. Are you sure that's the in-game save and not an instant save (AKA real time save or save state)? You can tell easily by the file size; an in-game save will be 512KB at most, while a real time save will be about 5MB.

Also, do you have the SCDS1 set to write the save directly to the memory card instead of specifying the save type? If not, try that.
.SCI files are RTS-savefiles, Scds1 uses .sav like most other flashkarts.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SAV files seem to be 256? Or so they convert to using Shuny's for SCDS1 D:
Explains why my R4 ain't working.

Yea, 256 lulz... so now I just need to change them and try them out :S Not that it matters, I beat the game and there's nothing after that.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SCDS (and slot-2 Supercards for that matter) used to use 256 KB saves, but switched over to 512 KB about the time the Pokemon games came out. So Shuny's converter needs to be updated to reflect this fact?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 256KB ones worked for me o.o; For TWEWY anyhow, some of my older ones needed no changes at all and worked with 512KB like NEW Super Mario Bros o.o;

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all you need to do is change the extension, use ReNamer. It can make short work of any task that requires changing any part of a file name en masse.

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I actually used to use that for mp3s, and therefore already have it. It's good for a lot of things ;3

Now I'm just finding a way to get my 512KB saves to 256KB saves.

Another thing I'mw ondernig aboutis some saves have actual sizes stated like "4KB" or w/e next to it, will it be that size if it's determined, or no?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
DanTheManMS said:
The SCDS (and slot-2 Supercards for that matter) used to use 256 KB saves, but switched over to 512 KB about the time the Pokemon games came out. So Shuny's converter needs to be updated to reflect this fact?
How the hell am I supposed to fix this bug if nobody report it to me ?

Use the support forum or write me a mail if you find a bug ! :/

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never use the converter, so I was merely asking a question to see if it did need fixing or not. I don't know if it's bad behavior or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte