Batch of GW with faulty SD card slots

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by thorasgar, Apr 26, 2015.

1. thorasgar
    OP

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I was just checking up on the current GW prices and ran across this on the modchipdirect.com product page. Seems there was a QC problem. Good to know for any recent purchasers having a problem. It is not clear from this how many if any made it to the wild.

Will be in stock around the 23rd or 24th of April (there was a 3+ week stock shortage, but we just run out of stock today 16th of April. We have more on the way already). You can preorder, and we will be able to ship to you as soon as we have stock. The batch we where getting on the 20th was stopped half way here as Gateway team produced a batch with faulty SD card slots, which would have been a nightmare. Luckily, we are getting a newer 100% tested batch.

2. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Good to know. Fortunately I received from the main distributor good batch and all cards are working properly.

3. GreenZeldaCap

GreenZeldaCap Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll hold off for now.

4. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Well, if someone sold these faulty cards for, let's say, 20 bucks each, I'd buy a few of them.

5. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Sounds like a made up story to calm people who have preorders in.

bostonBC and mech like this.
  6. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Sometimes bad batches happen. There was a bad batch of DSTWO that wouldn't work on some systems, for instance. But if only one store brings it up, yeah maybe.

7. thorasgar
    OP

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Very possible. Gateway sure as hell isn't going to open their mouths about it.

8. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    On a decent enough price cut they would still sell since all you would have to do is limit yourself to running .cia

9. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    I wouldn't say it's made up because my mSD slot on gateway is kind of bad, although I don't use it a lot, when I do upon inserting it feels like something is in the way of my mSD, but in the end it still goes through and clicks.

10. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    I'd just rework the card cage, easy fix.

ravihpa likes this.
  11. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Wouldn't matter too much for a O3ds, they could just downgrade, use CFW to install devmenu, inject the CFW Nand into a regular GW emuNAND partition, and update, then install all games as CIA.

It would be a problem for N3ds though.

12. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

Why would you go through that complicated process just to install cias ? When you can just put Devmenu.3ds on the microSD inside your gateway cart, and use it to install cias in GW mode on any FW version( up to 9.2 of course) or any kind of 3DS (New,Old, 2DS).

13. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Because these ones have faulty micro sd card slots, you can't run any .3ds files.

Ra1d likes this.
  14. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

Good point, totally forgot what the topic was about :)

thorasgar likes this.