FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a little 360 related project going on right now (probably not that hard to guess given this post, some knowledge on the state of things and a bit of digging but more on that when I have got a bit further along) and I found the title ID renaming programs that exist (with the exception of the rather nice XBL DLC file sorter from lefos123 that I used to tidy up a few things to get to the point where I could use this batch file) rather annoying/clunky/requiring .net/prone to crashing or not working so after I realised I could just build a batch file to do the same job I did that, rather than languishing on the bit rot capital that is my hard drive I figured someone somewhere might want to use it so I am posting it here.
As the title says the following is a batch file to rename things from the title ID numbers (something like 454188EC) to something a bit nicer on the eye (in the case of the last example "Skate 3 454188EC"). It retains title ID as it is useful and several 360 games have multiple title ID values for the same game (sometimes for no real reason at all but usually different regions and language packs and updated GOTY discs sort of thing).
There are errors (and unless you have all 2379 files it will say can not find for a bunch more) in it mainly as a result of a few unicode/custom characters in certain names and it is not complete (I used http://360.kingla.com/ to generate the list- le fluffie will spit out title IDs from the files if you need them http://skunkiebutt.com/?page_id=362 scroll to download app) but all the main games are there.

I am afraid this is probably a case of if you have to ask what this is/how to use it you do not need it. I will not be making a reverser batch file but you can make one in about 2 minutes with the renaming file, a spreadsheet program and a choice bit of character replacement.

View attachment rename.zip

Edit: sorry early viewers of this post it seemed I messed it up in an edit.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There was a program which already did this, i'm stuffed if I can remember what it's called.

I believe you can also use clrmamepro etc with the xbox360 dat files http://datomatic.no-intro.org/

But I guess you are trying to do something different. Personally, i just leave them all in their original archives.

It's pointless doing a batch file unless it's going to be updated as new games are released. Theres a program, bat2exe which will compile it into an exe, and there's also another program somewhere which will allow a batch file to download from the web.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I leave everything as is normally (I rarely have to edit 10 games at once or something else that would see me wanting simpler names) but this was a special occasion/need to sort a few things out.

Yeah I could add something like wget in there and update dat files but this was just a quick and dirty script I figured I would share. If it turns 200 folders into 196 named ones then I count it as a success for what I set out to do.

Equally the program you are probably trying to think of was probably one of the following folder renamer, OrganizeLazouzzz, GAME_IDENTIFIER by didgydont or Game Identifier By JJMPSP. I recall a few programs from various French forums as well but those escape me right now.

I will have a poke around No intro though- I did not realise they did a 360 one as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end