Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I dont really like to make one word posts but
lol....
Put yourself in this situation:
Your Wiiflow cache doesn't work with latest releases so you have to use and old dol just to create the cache file.
Whenever I install a new game. I have to:
1. replace wiiflow boot.dol with the oldboot.dol
2. run wiiflow to create the cache file
3. replace wiiflow boot.dol with latest boot.dol and copy the cache file to a backup folder so that it's not deleted when using the new dol.

Won't you need a batch file to do so?
lol

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh dear.

Batch files are just scripts used by Windows (and only Windows), interpreted by the Windows command interpreter. All they do is run a bunch of Windows only programs in a specific order with specific parameters.

Could you make an app for the Wii that copies specific files? Sure. Write it in C and compile. Has this got anything to do with batch files? Absolutely not.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Oh dear.

Batch files are just scripts used by Windows (and only Windows), interpreted by the Windows command interpreter. All they do is run a bunch of Windows only programs in a specific order with specific parameters.

Could you make an app for the Wii that copies specific files? Sure. Write it in C and compile. Has this got anything to do with batch files? Absolutely not.
Thanks SifJar I know this info but what I'm looking for is a kind of tool that converts the batch file (copy, rename ...) commands into something that can be used on the wii without having programming knowledge.
I think such a tool will be very useful and will save lots of time (many people will prefer this instead of unplugging the SD and HDD and doing the file management on a PC).

I made batch files and use them with Dosbox on the wii but lots of settings are needed which makes it very unpractical especially when it comes to accessing the usb HDD.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
:facepalm: :smh:
3cd8a33a_large.png

SifJar just fully explained to you why it is impossible to have a batch file for moving files and such on the wii, and you said "I know this info but what I'm looking for is a kind of tool that converts the batch file (copy, rename ...) commands into something that can be used on the wii without having programming knowledge.", but there is NOTHING. Batch files will never be converted to run on the wii. PERIOD. End of story.

This thread can be closed now to spare the OP from anymore embarrassment.

Honestly man, you ask an awful lot of other people to do things for you and ridiculous tasks and such, just learn to program. It's not too difficult. Even joostin has learned to program, and if he can learn to program in his spare time then I am sure that you are capable also. Stop spending so much time asking other people to do things for you, just learn to do this stuff yourself.

Reactions: 2 people

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok Foez thanks for the advice.
I wish I have time to learn programming.

What I'm asking is bug fixes and improvement; I think this should be welcomed by everybody.
And besides I don't think it's such an awful or ridiculous idea to ask for new tools and applications.

I don't mind closing this thread too
Have a nice day

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
And besides I don't think it's such an awful or ridiculous idea to ask for new tools and applications.
Yes, it is ridiculous. Always asking people to do things for you because your are incapable of it yourself is ridiculous.

Once you learn how to program and you start having a bunch of selfish idiots constantly asking you to do things for them that takes up many hours or days of your time then you will get sick of it really fast.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I respect your opinion and I believe that every programmer will welcome any new idea that can fix a bug in his program or make it more user friendly.
And concerning idea about new tools, I also believe that no one will work on them unless he find them potentially useful for the public.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
OK, just look at the DML project... crediar has gotten so annoyed with people always asking for things that now he wants donations for him to do anything special for anyone.

Most of the tools out there people have created out of the challenge or because they saw a need to make something simpler. Neither of those idea apply to making batch files for the wii.... unless you are willing to take the time to do it yourself.

Look at it this way, if you were to walk up to a construction worker and ask him "Could you build a school? It will be for the community.", he in turn will say "How much are you going to pay me?". Even if YOUR idea is for the community, asking someone else to do it for you makes things not happen. If you want a school (or program) then you need to build it yourself.

How many homebrew apps out there do you think were created because some dude asked a dev to make a program for 'the community'? Close to none.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Well not every programmer is like crediar, he's an exception. stfour for example welcomed the idea to make a neek2o booter for wiiware and added it in a couple of days to PL3.
& about DML; I don't think that neither the developers nor the dml users will not welcome a tool to covert the GC save from MC to NMM.

I know that there won't be a program for every new idea, but at least having ideas will always benefit and never harm.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
OK, then learn to program. You can write something like that yourself. You want it, then you do it. Just stop suggesting work for everyone else to do because you don't have time to learn to program but have the time constantly post on the forums.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think you are going at this the wrong way.
The root of the problem is a BUG in some program.
Is it already reported? If not then do it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem with your WiiFlow cache that you pointed out was due to a single game, how about you delete it, rebuild your cache then see if wiiflow still crashes while building the cache for that game, if WiiFlow works as normal then more than likely it may be a corrupt .wbfs header and WiiFlow isn't handling it properly.

The best way to fix a problem when using beta's is to have tools to debug what your beta testing, e.g USB Gecko would help a lot. No need creating mass thread about different things, getting people to show you how its done.

Has anyone else reported the same error or is it just you?
Did you self compile WiiFlow or is is a pre compiled .dol ?

Self compile - if so, are you using the correct lib versions, are all source files intact.......
Pre compiled - make sure the .dol hasn't been corrupted during download........

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
This problem is not related to the game but to the updated portlib and will cause wiiflow to crash with games that has titles >64 characters long.

It took me several hours to just find out what's wrong.

I've already sent a PM to Fix94 and he now knows that the problem started to happen in rev175 and hopefully he'll get this fixed soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"