Bass/Surround sound tests

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by 0ddity, Sep 10, 2010.

Sep 10, 2010

Bass/Surround sound tests by 0ddity at 11:04 PM (657 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. 0ddity
    OP

Member 0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Just got some new headphones, Sony MDR-XD200's, and was wondering if anyone had any favorite bass/surround sound tests. I played some youtube bass tests, and the bass on this headset is amazing and I want to really test it out, but a lot of the bass on youtube is low quality/the same thing. Just name some songs with good bass, and any movie clips you can think of that would test the surround.

2. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I know that a good test is to listen to the beatles hey jude [​IMG] I don't know exactly where, but you can hear john lennon someone say the word "fuck" if you have good headphones... not a bass or surround test, but a damn good quality test [​IMG]

Quote from wikipedia:

From 2:56 to 2:58 of the song, someone can be heard to say, "Hit the wrong chord!", followed by, "Oh, fucking hell!" There is some dispute as to who said this. According to sound engineers Ken Scott and Geoff Emerick it was McCartney, and it was Lennon's idea to leave the mistake in the final mix. "'Paul hit a clunker on the piano and said a naughty word,' Lennon gleefully crowed, 'but I insisted we leave it in, buried just low enough so that it can barely be heard. Most people won't ever spot it…but we'll know it's there.'"

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    Bass Outlaws - Illegal Bass Test
    DJ Magic Mike - Feel The Bass
    Techmaster P.E.B. - Techno Bass
    GTO - Elevation

4. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    also Codes in the Clouds song "distant street lights" has a really deep intro... it's a post-rock song though, so it'll be a different kind of bass [​IMG]
    Please note that it is NOT the version available on spotify... but the newer album version!