Base IOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Jademalo, May 29, 2010.

May 29, 2010

Base IOS by Jademalo at 5:55 PM (1,056 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Jademalo
    OP

Member Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So.. I know what the different base IOS's do when installing a cIOS. They give you different areas of functionality and that.

I am, however, confused as to how it works.
    How do these cIOS's actually install? What is done differently during the install when you use a different base IOS?

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    When you install cIOS, there's nothing done differently for each base IOS. The installer follows the same routine for all of them: extract the contents from a WAD, patch the contents, and install them. The functionality differences (i.e.- support for USB instruments) are not part of the cIOS installer's patching. They're actual differences between the numerous IOS branches.

Hope that clarified things a bit. [​IMG]

3. Jademalo
    OP

Member Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry, im not completley sure, I thaught I was but im not =p

If anyone could correct me if im wrong:

If you install on base IOS 36, It takes a copy of IOS 36, patches it with the hack, and installs it into ISO249. The loaders then load the disk using this IOS.

Which elads me to another question: Darkcorp. Does this just like.. have some sort of redirect patch for all the IOSes to that they load off 249, and is that essentially the same as what a loader does?

(If im not mistaken, my understanding of how the wii loads a game is when you insert the disk, certain games will load through different IOSes)

How roughly right am I?

4. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    DARKCORP installs patched versions of practically all of Nintendo's IOSes to allow backup loading. IOS249 is not involved at all.

You're also correct in that games use various IOSes. [​IMG]