ROM Hack Barbie and The Three Musketeers

TSPhoenix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Been trying to get this working before I get my head torn off.

I tried an arm7fix based on some googling, but it didn't work. I've used 1.18 and YSmenu on my R4 to try load it. Any suggestions?

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
believe it or not
but nowadays, a lot of flashcart owners are actually parents of young children
parents who don't want to spend the money on the games themselves
i know a few people in that situation myself =\

TSPhoenix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not my kids, I'm just the "tech guy" that they go to for stuff like this. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it.

In any case, regardless of which menu I boot the game from I just get a white screen. Its published by Activision if that gives any clues.

But yeah while we all notice that games like M&L3 and HGSS have copy protection and everyone works on cracking those, nobody really notices a lot of games aimed at kids and stuff also have copy protections.

And while a lot of these games are pure trash, I think some devs actually try to make half-decent licensed kids games. Is there a site that reviews this kind of stuff as IGN/GS/etc don't?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In short, you can forget about cracks, etc for "these type" of games (another recent example = World of Zoo). In cases like these you will always need to be patient and wait for the next firmware update from your flashcart manufacturer. No matter of jumping up and down on here will ever, ever see a patch being realised.
I know the Barbie game works on M3DSReal running latest Sakura/Touchpod firmware, but neither of the above games work on either R4DS (running YSMenu) & CycloDS.

TSPhoenix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Darn.

That said I am fairly handy with ROM hacking and such, is there a kind of 'checklist' of things I should try to do to the ROM to try get it to work? I know it probably won't work, but its worth a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol