science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
If you’ve ever read President Obama’s Dreams for my Father, good for you. I couldn’t get past the foreword.

I wish I had. Because today I discovered that there’s a fairly juicy little subplot in the book, involving one of Obama’s high school friends.

Ray, a fellow classmate of Obama’s, was also bi-racial, and also trying to define himself. But what set him apart was his colorful manner of self-expression. Ray cursed like a motherfucker.

This would all be snickerworthy enough, but it turns out that Obama actually read the audiobook version of Dreams For My Father.

And that means he read Ray’s quotes.

And that means you’re about to hear the President of United States using language that would finish Cheney off once and for all.

http://www.aprilwinchell.com/2009/02/05/ba...erfucking-shit/

Warning, this is NSFW.

The reason this is posted in blogs is because I can't use HTML in GOTC, so could a mod please move it there?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The topic title is fairly misleading and will likely start some sort of argument. So just a heads up in advance, if that happens, people are going to be getting warned/etc.
lecture.gif

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for next time

Posts merged

Ace Gunman said:
The topic title is fairly misleading and will likely start some sort of argument. So just a heads up in advance, if that happens, people are going to be getting warned/etc.
lecture.gif

How is it misleading though? He is swearing lol

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
lecture.gif

How is it misleading? I came in expecting audio of Obama using foul language, and that was what I received.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
To both chuck and science, it's misleading in the fact that you come into this topic thinking "Oh snap, did President Obama start cussing out someone in a press conference?" or "Did President Obama go apeshit on some dude behind the scenes?". You don't expect it to be a routine reading from a story. A book on tape is a bit different from a Rod Blagojevich-style conversation swearfest.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
To both chuck and science, it's misleading in the fact that you come into this topic thinking "Oh snap, did President Obama start cussing out someone in a press conference?" or "Did President Obama go apeshit on some dude behind the scenes?". You don't expect it to be a routine reading from a story. A book on tape is a bit different from a Rod Blagojevich-style conversation swearfest.

lol, Maybe it's just you, I didnt come in expecting him cussing out someone.. nor did I expect him doing a reading from an audio book.

The only way I can possibly imagine this is misleading is if he left out a word such as

"Barack Obama Swearing In". Addressing whenever he was sworn into office.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
HEY! At least it shows he's black by saying 'you motherfucker!' at someone. Come on now, even I have to admit I curse at G.W.Bush for ruining not fixing the economy during his reign.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Come on now, even I have to admit I curse at G.W.Bush for ruining not fixing the economy during his reign.

Off Topic much, Not trying to start any wars here. You have your opinions, It'd be best to keep them to yourself, The thread is just for Obama cursing in an audiobook.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sstew said:
Canonbeat234 said:
Come on now, even I have to admit I curse at G.W.Bush for ruining not fixing the economy during his reign.

Off Topic much, Not trying to start any wars here. You have your opinions, It'd be best to keep them to yourself, The thread is just for Obama cursing in an audiobook.

Yes I do unless it's serious; Obama is human like you and me. So of course he will course under the pressure of fixing the economy right now.

Important Person: Blah Blah Blah taxes, Blah Blah blah economy needs to be fix, blah blah blah unemployment rate is skyrocketing, blah blah blah need help president.
Obama: ...*moment of silence, takes a deep breathe* FUCK!!!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
lol, Maybe it's just you, I didnt come in expecting him cussing out someone.. nor did I expect him doing a reading from an audio book.

The only way I can possibly imagine this is misleading is if he left out a word such as

That's a fair point. I suppose it was an assumption on my part. Still, the point stands, lets not get off track. It is what it is, nothing more (not aimed at anyone in particular, by the way).
tongue.gif

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ace Gunman said:
Sstew said:

That's a fair point. I suppose it was an assumption on my part. Still, the point stands, lets not get off track. It is what it is, nothing more (not aimed at anyone in particular, by the way).
tongue.gif

I agree! Listen to Ace! Comment about Obama swearing, not about his policies or his race or anything else. If not, I will close this thread myself!

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little misleading, but funny anyway. I kind of laughed. But all people that don't have English as their mother tongue think that the English countries are kind of wimpish for censuring their TV and making such a big deal of swearing.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Yeah I thought this was going to be about how he said he "screwed up" lately.
I also thought this wasn't serious enough to call it "swearing".

Kyoton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is fracken unbelievable. Who gives a flying pig if he cursed? HE IS HUMAN! Some people really need to take words a little less seriously....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water