Hacking bans still happening with sky3ds?

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to own gate way and an XL but sold it, I was going to buy the new 3ds XL as on amazon.co.uk there's a really good deal, it only costs £139, so was going to buy one, but if you use sky 3ds online.... are the bans still happening? or is there away to stop bans, using private headers?

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
private headers.. by private do you mean, if I owned 1 game... I could use the 1 header, for all other games, or do I need a new header, per game?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Or installed .cia files, now with Pasta CFW since they don't use headers.

Especially since .3ds games can be converted to .cia.

If he was using Gateway and emuNAND, I'd agree. But Pasta CFW writes to sysNAND and I'd be much too worried.

private headers.. by private do you mean, if I owned 1 game... I could use the 1 header, for all other games, or do I need a new header, per game?

You can use one header from one legit game and use it on all of your other games safely.

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the issue to be honest, I used to have AN XL and games but sold them all, currently don't have any games... does the header need to come from an ONLINE compatible game?.. or can I just buy a cheap game from ebay haha.?

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
That's the issue to be honest, I used to have AN XL and games but sold them all, currently don't have any games... does the header need to come from an ONLINE compatible game?.. or can I just buy a cheap game from ebay haha.?

It can be from any game, doesn't have to be online. And you either need a powersave tool or a gateway card (and a 9.2 or below 3DS) to extract the header. If you don't have those then don't worry, shoot me a PM because I've helped a bunch of people in the same situation.

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do you mean
Action Replay Powersaves Cheat Device for 3ds Games??? what you can use to add cheats etc? if that's the case, I already have one.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly asking: Why do people buy Sky and then ask for headers? If you were planning to play online, why didn't you just get a GW instead?

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i used to own a gate way... but why? do you ask? I have the power tool. could do it myself, but you know.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway is for 9.2 and below.
Yeah, but it's still not hard to get a 3DS on <=9.2.

well, I'd need to buy a game, and get the header, then I'd need to learn how to get that header with the powertool.. so yeah, would of been easier to buy one.
You must not realize the risk of trusting strangers on the internet. You have no warranty that whoever sold you a header didn't share it with anyone else nor will.

(Not talking about you, Ericzander; I mean strangers in general)

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, I could buy any game, but on the list, there's 2 games that don't work, and only a few that hes tested, so lets say I buy a game, and it doesn't work? waste i think.

Games That I Tested This Method With:
Working:
Pokemon Y
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Not Working:
Cubic Ninja
Farming Simulator 14

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
(Not talking about you, Ericzander; I mean strangers in general)

No offence taken fellow Eric. But I do have proof via screenshots, receipts, testimonials, and picture evidence that I'm not full of crap, which I can provide to anyone who wants it.

But yeah if I was just some creep who only made like 10 posts and sounded shady, I wouldn't trust that guy either.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offence taken fellow Eric. But I do have proof via screenshots, receipts, testimonials, and picture evidence that I'm not full of crap, which I can provide to anyone who wants it.

But yeah if I was just some creep who only made like 10 posts and sounded shady, I wouldn't trust that guy either.
That's the main reason I haven't offered to help people with obtaining private headers. I have no way to prove I'm trustworthy, and others (like yourself) are already established, so it'd be in peoples' best interests to go with you instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM