Status
Not open for further replies.

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm about to give up, I can't seem to find a tutorial that fits my scenario. I have a hardmodded Wii with nothing else installed on it. I'd like to be able to run the Homebrew Channel and Homebrew on it. What steps do I need to take to accomplish this?

According to the BootMii website, you can install it using the TP hack or bannerbomb, but does using bannerbomb require you to have done anything to your system prior to being able to use it?

I have no idea what system menu I'm running, but from what I'm reading this shouldn't really matter, so long as I can get BootMii installed then downgrade my system to whatever menu is needed.

Any help is appreciated, even if it's vague instructions such as: do this, this, and this. I can find out how to do those things, I just need to know which path to take.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fldash said:
I'm about to give up, I can't seem to find a tutorial that fits my scenario. I have a hardmodded Wii with nothing else installed on it. I'd like to be able to run the Homebrew Channel and Homebrew on it. What steps do I need to take to accomplish this?

According to the BootMii website, you can install it using the TP hack or bannerbomb, but does using bannerbomb require you to have done anything to your system prior to being able to use it?

I have no idea what system menu I'm running, but from what I'm reading this shouldn't really matter, so long as I can get BootMii installed then downgrade my system to whatever menu is needed.

Any help is appreciated, even if it's vague instructions such as: do this, this, and this. I can find out how to do those things, I just need to know which path to take.

If the bannerbomb requires something else to be installed, then it would become a chicken or the egg problem. So no, you shouldn't have to install anything prior. Steps I recommend to get started:

1) Find out your system menu: It's in the Wii's Settings screen
2) Use BannerBomb to install BootMii. This will also install HomeBrew Channel
3) Backup your NAND. If you screw up, you can always recover to this point.
4) Follow this guide to mod your Wii for playing backups: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945&st=0

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you dont know what your system menu is then you need to read a nit more before attempting.
please goto noob forum, Every thing that came up on search fits your scenario. Follow the tutorials and you will be fine. youre thinkig too hard. Everyone thinks that their wiis are different and special but theyre not. (unless theyre lu64)

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what my system menu is because I haven't turned on my Wii in months, not because I'm incapable of finding out, but thanks for your concern.
wink.gif

wiiNinja, thanks for the information. Do I need to follow the guide to allow my Wii to play backups if I have a hardmod (modchip)? Is that required for Homebrew?

To backup my Nand, is that a feature of BootMii or do I need the Preloader or Starfall?

Thanks.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
fldash said:
I don't know what my system menu is because I haven't turned on my Wii in months, not because I'm incapable of finding out, but thanks for your concern.
wink.gif
You are too lazy to find out your system menu version? You are not the kind of person who should be modding a Wii dude.

Also use the board search feature dude it's in the upper-right corner of the page.

edit: Dude.

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
You are too lazy to find out your system menu version? You are not the kind of person who should be modding a Wii dude.

Not the kind of person who should be modding a Wii? I soldered my own chip, I think I know what I'm doing. Install bannerbomb, use it to launch BootMii which will install HBC and backup my Nand in case of an accident.

Will you please get over yourself? You aren't elitist...

And I'm not too lazy to get my menu version, I'm at work, something you probably don't do. While at work, I don't have access to anything at my house, like my Wii.

I got it, and if I need help, I'll go elsewhere. Or PM someone without a stick up their ass.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fldash said:
Heran Bago said:

Not the kind of person who should be modding a Wii? I soldered my own chip, I think I know what I'm doing. Install bannerbomb, use it to launch BootMii which will install HBC and backup my Nand in case of an accident.

Will you please get over yourself? You aren't elitist...

And I'm not too lazy to get my menu version, I'm at work, something you probably don't do. While at work, I don't have access to anything at my house, like my Wii.

I got it, and if I need help, I'll go elsewhere. Or PM someone without a stick up their ass.

Dude, listen to yourself.

If you have 3.x - There are 1 million posts here on what to do
If you have 4.x - There are 1 million posts here on what to do

The fact that you came here asking questions and for help, without knowing your sysmenu version .. begs for the treatment you are getting. What were you expecting to hear? About the new Magic Fairy Wand hack ?

Sorry .....

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kosaic said:

The fact that you came here asking questions and for help, without knowing your sysmenu version .. begs for the treatment you are getting. What were you expecting to hear? About the new Magic Fairy Wand hack ?

Sorry .....

Sorry nothing... I asked specific questions regarding my options and if they did the same thing, because believe it or not, it's not that clear by reading the sites. There are ways to answer users without sounding like condescending jerks while still maintaining a 'you need to be able to help yourself' attitude. A few posters have done that quite well....

Look at the other topic 'Can I install HBC on Wiikey 1'. There are no troll posts there at all... Must be luck of the draw.

If you don't want to help someone, simply don't post. It's not that hard.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fldash said:
Kosaic said:

Sorry .....

Sorry nothing... I asked specific questions regarding my options and if they did the same thing, because believe it or not, it's not that clear by reading the sites. There are ways to answer users without sounding like condescending jerks while still maintaining a 'you need to be able to help yourself' attitude. A few posters have done that quite well....

Look at the other topic 'Can I install HBC on Wiikey 1'. There are no troll posts there at all... Must be luck of the draw.

If you don't want to help someone, simply don't post. It's not that hard.

Thanks

*giggling*

and by the way : "I have no idea what system menu I'm running, but from what I'm reading this shouldn't really matter, so long as I can get BootMii installed then downgrade my system to whatever menu is needed."

IT COMPLETELY MATTERS IF YOU DONT HAVE HOMEBREW CHANNEL INSTALLED YET !!!!!!!!!!

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't matter at all if you use bannerbomb, it works with any version of the system menu. Thanks for proving you are just a troll.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fldash said:
It doesn't matter at all if you use bannerbomb, it works with any version of the system menu. Thanks for proving you are just a troll.

*Still Giggling* - I see a new Brick in someone's future ...
smile.gif

You claim to understand Bannerbomb?
"but does using bannerbomb require you to have done anything to your system prior to being able to use it?"

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kosaic said:
*Still Giggling* - I see a new Brick in someone's future ...
smile.gif

"but does using bannerbomb require you to have done anything to your system prior to being able to use it?"

Keep giggling fairy.

And my question about bannerbomb was in the first post, and, ah, what's this, answered by a non-troll in the second post, thus completed my understanding of it.

QUOTE(wiiNinja @ May 18 2009, 08:42 AM) If the bannerbomb requires something else to be installed, then it would become a chicken or the egg problem. So no, you shouldn't have to install anything prior. Steps I recommend to get started:

If the bannerbomb requires something else to be installed, then it would become a chicken or the egg problem. So no, you shouldn't have to install anything prior.

Fail more.

jeanrmarques

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would say bannerbomb is the easiest one (I dont think TP is better or worse, its just different), and since it works on any version of the sys menu, you shouldnt worry about that. at least if youre just aiming to have regular homebrew.

You should be able to install HBC fine with it (through the hackmii installer), BUT if you plan to install wad manager and/or other stuff that need an IOS with the sign bug, you'll have to check if youre not on 4.0 already, if you do, its still doable, but you will need to do a few extra steps, which I cant recall right now, but theres a few tutorials around here that explain that.

Hope that info helps

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jeanrmarques said:
I would say bannerbomb is the easiest one (I dont think TP is better or worse, its just different), and since it works on any version of the sys menu, you shouldnt worry about that. at least if youre just aiming to have regular homebrew.

You should be able to install HBC fine with it (through the hackmii installer), BUT if you plan to install wad manager and/or other stuff that need an IOS with the sign bug, you'll have to check if youre not on 4.0 already, if you do, its still doable, but you will need to do a few extra steps, which I cant recall right now, but theres a few tutorials around here that explain that.

Hope that info helps

I still say read through those links, but yeah Bannerbomb is easier and works almost everywhere

fldash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kosaic said:

That question was asked in my first post, and, ah, whats this, was answered in the second post by a non-troll. Politely, I might add. Fail more please.

QUOTE(jeanrmarques @ May 18 2009, 09:51 AM) I would say bannerbomb is the easiest one (I dont think TP is better or worse, its just different), and since it works on any version of the sys menu, you shouldnt worry about that. at least if youre just aiming to have regular homebrew.

Thanks, I've seen those tutorials. My main questions were regarding the main differences between TP hack and bannerbomb (other than the fact TP hack doesn't work on 4.x SM). My only other concern was whether I needed to do a soft mod if I had a mod-chip. Which, by the looks of it, I may need to do in order to get some Homebrew to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2