Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bannerbomb v1.08 (Alpha)
Wii Homebrew Exploit
Bannerbomb.png
Bannerbomb is new Wii homebrew enabling exploit which was created in order to replace the old Twillight hack which was blocked properly by Nintendo in System Menu update 4.0. The exploit works by utilizing a malformed banner to crash the Wii and then load a boot.dol/boot.elf from the root of your SD card. It can also be used to install the Homebrew Channel, DVDx and the public BootMii beta through the HackMii Installer.

Instructions:
1. Get a SD card. If it has a private directory, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up.
2. Download aad1f_v108.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.
3. Get a DOL or ELF (why not bootmii?) and put it on the SD as /boot.dol or /boot.elf.
4. Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.
5. If it pops up a dialog, then fill out the survey. (If you can load homebrew but it crashes after a minute or so, disable WiiConnect24 in the settings as a temporary fix and it should work.)
6. If it freezes, follow these diagnostics:

* Did you use the SD menu (4.0) or click Savedata instead of Channels? If so, then you're dumb
* Otherwise, try a different version. The system menu is somewhat unpredictable; while most people should be able to use aad1f, some might need another version. If this version does not work, try the other ones available at the bannerbomb website.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source
discuss.png
 Discuss

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow does this mean it works on a 4.0 wii that has not been modified?
Very interesting way to hack the wii though

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
EXCELLENT news this is pretty big, I wonder how many other expolits are being kept under the hat for when 5.0E/U comes out
tongue.gif

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sirdashadow said:
I thought this didnt work if you have a Wii with a serial number LU64 or greater? (look at the bottom of your Wii)
I quote directly from the bannerbomb website
"My Wii's serial number starts with LU64, is this compatible ? Yes, but it might not be possible to install the Homebrew Channel or BootMii. "

drizzt8886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried every v108 version and get either a screen that says exception occurred or a lot of empty channels and then it freezes. my serial is LU10. Am I doing something wrong?

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I've seen loads of stuff I'm not in the mood to read to update to 4.0.
this seems very efficient, I currently have a 3.2 wii with an outdated homebrew channel.
I just have to update to 4.0 et use this thing to get hb running with my 4.0 fw ?

felixthecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
drizzt8886 said:
I have tried every v108 version and get either a screen that says exception occurred or a lot of empty channels and then it freezes. my serial is LU10. Am I doing something wrong?

If you have the Nunchuck connected to the Wii Remote disconnect it!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn