dragmar22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bannertool.jpg

BannerTool (v1.0)

A simple tool for extracting files from a bnr (banner) file and namechange for homebrew channels.

Usage:

Click on button to open bannerfile.
Change names of channles and click on save changes for save it.
Click on extract button to extract files from bnr file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GJURB83Z

http://rapidshare.com/files/110754501/Bannertool.rar

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WHY O WHY can these people not release the sources ?? whats the point in trying to unify all of this when one has to reverse engineer everything that should be open source..

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
esp with programs that dont work properly.. keeps giving errors and random stuff..

sorry,seems to work ny snes roms but not with n64 (tried wave race and s&p)

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
haha..i wish it would work properly for all my files,only ones i can get it working with are snes roms..none of the n64 ones work with the change or extract..
and im still trying to figure out where that md5 hash in the header file comes from,cause ive tried hashing all files it could be from without a match..u getting it working creff?

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does this app patch a wad file, or do we have to repack the game once we have changed the banner ?

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol no..you have to change the sha1 hash in the tmd file first to the new value and update the md5 value inside the imet.header.bin file to reflect new md5 value aswell..THEN you can repack it..

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Elo said:
lol no..you have to change the sha1 hash in the tmd file first to the new value and update the md5 value inside the imet.header.bin file to reflect new md5 value aswell..THEN you can repack it..

Dunno what you're doing, works extremly well for me. You don't have to extract the files to change the name and it automatically changes md5 in imet header.

Also if you use watool0.1 by the same autor the ticket and tmd file (as well as cert) are generated automatically, so just look for original ID if you want to mantain the channel's ID.

BTW the tool misses jap language, the author didn't notice it (he's on it I think)

The info about which bytes to edit and all that stuff is out there, there's no actual need to release the source from a program that just changes a few bytes, don't you think?

xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off hi Elo
tongue.gif
ignore the PM, 2ndly okay, this is kinda hazy but im assuming you open the 00000000.app file with this change the names click save then extract.... i get an error (using snes rom)

"Access violation at address 004029A7 in module 'bannertool.exe' Read of address 9E88B660

i get the imet_header, icon, and banner files but what there used for? hell if i know....and i still get a error at #0 when installing on the wii, am i missing something?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
xdeadxpoolx said:
First off hi Elo
tongue.gif
ignore the PM, 2ndly okay, this is kinda hazy but im assuming you open the 00000000.app file with this change the names click save then extract.... i get an error (using snes rom)

"Access violation at address 004029A7 in module 'bannertool.exe' Read of address 9E88B660

i get the imet_header, icon, and banner files but what there used for? hell if i know....and i still get a error at #0 when installing on the wii, am i missing something?

There's no actual use for the extract button. Wait for marcan to release his banner tools.

BTW, try reopening the 00000000.app after saving, it works for me when extracting.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
xdeadxpoolx said:
Yes, it does change the title in the 00000000.app file, BUT i still get the error when trying to install the wad on the wii

Have you updated the TMD file with the new 00000000.app sha1 hash?

Cyber-T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok. I have this Channel and I tried to change the Channel names.

F.e. Donkey Kong Country in Donkey Kong Country by CBT.

I changed the 00000000.app and saved.

Then I tried to make a WAD. Everythings alright then.

But when I try to install the game on my Wii, it says that the 00000000.app has an Error (r - 1022).

Maybe someone can explain, how to make a wad with is installable.

Thanks!

Cyber-T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mooshywooshy said:
while still in the cmd screen you need to run sha1 00000000.app to see the new sha1 you need to put into title.tmd with a hex editor

I didn't understand this. Sorry.

I see a M5D in the bannertool. Do I have to change this number in the title.tik? Or what do I have to do now?

Please help me! If you want you can write me on ICQ!

Cyber-T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mooshywooshy said:
while still in the cmd screen you need to run sha1 00000000.app to see the new sha1 you need to put into title.tmd with a hex editor

Now I have the new hash. But how i do in the TMD? I open the hexeditor, but how can i change the hash? I hope this is the last question!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte