Banner editing?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lexip;, Jul 24, 2010.

Jul 24, 2010

Banner editing? by Lexip; at 1:52 AM (860 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Lexip;
    OP

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What tools are available for editing banners? and are any of them open source?

2. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    Do a search. There are gally's u8 tools, HowardC's, PaRaDoX's, and a few others. None are open source that I know of.

3. diddy81

Member diddy81 Wii Theme Team

United Kingdom
    best way to edit channels is a combo of customizemii and benzin
    both are open source [​IMG]

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Those aren't banner editing tools, they're U8 extraction tools. While there are U8s in banners, that's not really what the OP is after I reckon.
    Anyway, U8 stuff is handled in libWiiSharp and Wii.py, both of which are open source.

Currently the ONLY publicly available tool for editing banners (i.e. not just replacing the images, but actually editing animations etc.) is Benzin, and it is open source. The only other tool I know of that does this is Almeda (tools used to make the HBC banner), but that was never released.

If you just want to replace images in premade banners, and keep the animations and image sizes, CustomizeMii will do that. If you want to edit the animations, or the sizes of images, you'll need to use Benzin AND CustomizeMii.

5. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    Ah, I stand corrected. I haven't done banners in a while and wasn't aware of Benzin. Sorry for the incorrect info OP. It's unfortunate Alameda wasn't released. I read on the WiiBrew forums that comex thought it would be released with BootMii.