Hacking Banner editing

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive been following the banner editing tutorial for almost two weeks with no success do i have to do any more than steps 1-10 to just switch a banner? have i been failing due to not doing the next stage "Change or remove the signatures of a banner"

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah sry that was the wrong one
tongue.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89793

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
No you would have to take the wad that was made for the gamma channel (this would be easier).
Pick the one you liked the best (force NTSC, PAL with 1 button option, etc.) Put in in the tools folder and rename in.wad then you will have to follow the intructions on extracting it into the necessary images you want to edit... which would be in the banner.bin file if that is what you are looking for... then there are some steps that need to be repeated to change each image used for the channel...

Please read these instructions carefully.... I wouldn't change too much the first time...just try one image like the 590x332 first and then repack it back the out.wad file and test it... then you can take that wad and unpack it and change the other images for the icon, etc (128x96 and 112x32)...

Then there is is the sound.bin file to change if you want... I have yet to play around with that...

Just take it slow.... because it's critical you get it right...or you will end up with a bricked wii like some of the other allstar channel editors... unfortunately that's what happened... and now some are still trying to fix there shit... I hope it never happens to me... that's why you need to read through the tutorial 2x first and again while you are doing it... print it out that way you have it right there in front of you..for less chances of mistakes..because you may only get one chance.

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cheers guys yeah thats the tutorial ive been following with a 590 x 332 jpg and a gamma channel every time i try and install the wad i get an error ret =4100 using wadmanager 1.3 ive only been going as far as step 10 do i need to do the hex editing part also just to swap the banner?

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok ive tried this again still get the bad ticket error 4100 thing? then this time when i exited my Wii went in to recovery mode it must be something simple im missing ive read the tutorial about 100 times i read each step as i do it and still i cant get the bloody WAD to install
hate2.gif

Conclusion im too thick

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wiisel said:
Ok ive tried this again still get the bad ticket error 4100 thing? then this time when i exited my Wii went in to recovery mode it must be something simple im missing ive read the tutorial about 100 times i read each step as i do it and still i cant get the bloody WAD to install
hate2.gif

Conclusion im too thick
The Problem is probably the WAD unpacker. I have had this problem many times, and it's because your computer won't unpack the wad properly (the .app .tmd .trailer etc. ). I don't know why. Go over to a friends house and unpack the wad and see if the file sizes are different. If they are the same, then I'm not sure what the problem is. Banner Making is definitely a pain sometimes when stuff like this happens.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I use mine on XP... You are sure you are copying all the files in to the tools folder when after doing the steps?

These should be in your tools before you double click the wad packer..

00000000.app
00000001.app
00000002.app
#################.tik
#################.cert
#################.tmd
#################.trailer

Results produce an out.wad.

You really don't have to mess with signature of the banner... if you are just trying to put a new banner
in an already existing backup channel.

I have tried messing with the icon.bin and repeating the necessary steps for the banner and haven't had any success changing them... I don't know why...but it will not overwrite the old one.. and I can't read that language (which I am sure I could translate it w/ google) so I have just accepted that fact until someone releases an english version of these tools? (Is there a set in english already?!)

Changing the music in it seems a little easier... once you figure out what you are doing with the AudacityPortable and are able to cut the 10 seconds of the song/audio you want for the channel.

Again, just be careful... I have seen some very talented users on here accidentally brick their Wii's with these tools.

Good luck.

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive been copying all seven files into the tools folder and i get an out.wad.
should i delete the unpacked wad folder before repacking.
ive even tried doing this in C: and get the same result every time or should i say non result

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laugh.gif

HaHa I did it

all this time ive been doing it right just dug out an old P3 750 and it worked first time lol thanks for all the help

now its time to try the icons lmfao

Oh btw the brightness flickers slowly up and down when viewing the banner on the wii is that ok it looks kinda cool

this is what i used
gecko-1.jpg

Wiisel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IronMask said:
I have tried messing with the icon.bin and repeating the necessary steps for the banner and haven't had any success changing them... I don't know why...but it will not overwrite the old one.. and I can't read that language (which I am sure I could translate it w/ google) so I have just accepted that fact until someone releases an english version of these tools? (Is there a set in english already?!)

lol same thing just happend to me will try again if i get a result ill let you know how

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thanks... I figured I was overlooking a step... I just wish tools were english like I mentioned before... that way I can keep it a little better organized in my head... I am not much on Spanish or whatever language that is in the tutorial...even though I have to say that it was a very good tutorial for someone to help us english speaking hackers... It just gets confusing sometimes... and no one has made these tools in english? Or am I not looking hard enough?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp