Banner editing injected wads?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kekkon, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Kekkon
    OP

Kekkon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2008
    United States
    My Ivy Cradle
    Newb here, been lurking the forums awhile now and decided to sign up, I know my fair share of info so no need to treat me any differently than regulars.

Anyway, to my question.
    Is it possible to put in a banner on a custom injected wad? I know there are injects out there with banners already, but when I make my own and try to follow the banner editing tutorial it just doesn't add up.

When unpacking my wad it doesn't give me a 00000000.app file in the new folder, therefore prohibiting the process...

any suggestions?

2. Whizz

Whizz When things don't go right, go left.

Nov 20, 2007
    Netherlands
    Turn around...
    Try unpacking it with Wadtool, should give you a nameofwad.000.des, which is the same as 00000000.app

3. Sperion

Sperion GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2006
    Netherlands
    Place a common-key.bin in your unpacker folder

4. Skater4599

Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Are you using the english translated tools? If so thats your problem, when i used the english translated tools i got exact same problem, used the spanish tools again and it works a charm [​IMG]

5. Kekkon
    OP

Kekkon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2008
    United States
    My Ivy Cradle
    I'm using the english tools, but the problem was the missing Common-key.bin, popped it in the folder and everything works... sort of.

Now I have a new problem, even though I follow the instructions exactly the new banner still doesn't appear when I install the wad, and I JUST got one of my first Genesis injects to work, but it's silly haveing a mecha game with the Comix Zone banner >_>