Banner Bricked Wii Fix - Works on 3.3U Firmware!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by samhush, Jul 17, 2008.

1. samhush
    OP

Newcomer samhush Member

United States
    First of all I know I'm a noob here but I thought this deserved its own thread since my other post is buried in the other bricked Wii thread.

So, you bricked your Wii while trying to edit banners in a .wad and now you get a black screen after you push A at the Health & Safety warning?

If you haven't upgraded to 3.3, you probably already know a solution. If you have upgraded to 3.3 (can't boot trucha signed discs), there is still hope!

First off, hope to God that you have the following:

WiiKey (not sure about other chips) installed in your Wii and updated.
    Twilight Hack save file already on your Wii (I hope you reinstalled it or ran the TW hack after updating to 3.3!)
    Untouched NTSC (not sure about other regions) zelda.iso

You'll also need to get Wii BootMe and WadManager 1.1 from WiiBrew or another source.

The process is simple:

First, make sure you leave the .wad that bricked your Wii in the first place right where it was on your SD card.

Place the WadManager boot.elf in the root of your SD card.

Patch the zelda.iso using BootMe (follow the instructions in the BootMe readme for details on how to do this correctly).

Burn the patched image to a DVD (I used Nero but I'm sure ImgBurn works also).

Turn on your Wii.

At the Health & Safety screen, do not press A, simply insert your patched Zelda disc.

It should autoboot and then you can load the Twilight Hack!

Run Wad Manager from the root of your SD card and uninstall the offending .wad file.

Reboot and you should be looking at your Wii Channel Menu once again!!!!

I hope this will help others with the same problem.

[​IMG]

2. fly_us

Member fly_us GBAtemp Regular

United States
    only if the Twillight hack save is in the console already.. [​IMG]

3. lime_slusho

Newcomer lime_slusho Member

United States
    Hey, how much of twilight princess do we need to download. I gave my wii to my friend's father to fix and I'm going to be leacing next tuesday so I only have 5 days for it to download.

4. felix123

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Um, you need the whole game.

5. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    what is greater than "EPIC FAIL"? Cause this guy just earned that title!

6. lime_slusho

United States
    lol, I just thouhgt of that beacuse with brawl, to play versus you only needed half the game. Hey has anyone else tested it on other chips? Do you think D2Pro attached to wii-clip will work?

7. Jademalo

Member Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    yes, it will.

8. lime_slusho

United States
    What size was your TP? Mine is 4.37. I'd like to know so I get the right one.

9. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    If you've seen one with a smaller size it's because they've used WiiScrubber on it to reduce it size(deleting garbage out of it).

PD: You need the Twilight Hack installed, just has samhush explained.

10. lime_slusho

United States
    I have twilight hack installed, I don't particularly see why someone wouldn't have it if they got banner bricked, anyways, will that work? If not, how big should it be.

11. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    4.37 is the normal size for Wii ISOS.

PD: Maybe you installed it and use another type of software to load files, and then deleted it.

12. podunk1269

Member podunk1269 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    "Epic Fail" is now officially more annoying than 12 year olds that tYpE lIkE dIs and say 1337

I think I shall make that quote my new sig

13. lime_slusho

United States
    This should be stickyed, this is a very important thing for us noobs who decided to update.

14. shasta23

Newcomer shasta23 Newbie

United States
    OK - so I have an NTSC Wii with the WiiKey. It has been working fine for about a year now. The kids were playing it during the day, and they report that it just "all of a sudden stopped working." I may have had some PAL games lying around that they might have put in there - I have no idea. At any rate it never gets to the health and safety screen. Green light comes on, there is no audio, just a black screen on the TV. Both the Wii Remotes never register with the Wii - i.e. they just flash when pressed without syncing. The blue light for the DVD comes on when you put a DVD into the drive. I am using the component cable. So I'm not sure if my Wii is bricked, or if it is something else. The instructions I have seen all seem to refer to the health and safety screen coming up first, and I never get that. Is there something I can do to unbrick it if that is what it is? Do I follow the instructions above and just ignore the parts about pressing A?