Banner Bricked Wii (3.4EUR) Help needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mollet, Jul 8, 2009.

Jul 8, 2009
  1. mollet
    OP

Newcomer mollet Member

Germany
    Hello and sorry for my nubish question but i read 5 hours now but still nothing works that i have tried.

1. I have a very oooold Wii (one of the first). My Firmware is 3.4 Europe (Pal).
    2. I had a Cyclowiiz Modchip installed in my Wii before i softmodded it, what means i soldered it out.
    3. I softmodded my Wii using a original Copy of Twilight Prinzess and the TP Hack (the one with the step backward).
    4. I Installed the Homebrow Channel and the Backup Loader.
    5. I Installed some homebrow software (tetris and so on...)
    6. I Installed this IOS36-64-v1042.wad with the WAD Manager.
    7. I downloaded a copy (Backup) of Wii Sports Resort ( I have a Wii Motion Controller), the game did not load (Error: 002)
    8. I read and read and read and.... read that this Backup Loader NeoGammaR4RC4.rar will load the game.
    9. I decided to install this NeoGammaR4RC4 using the Wad Manager.
    10. After install and reboot the screen stays black after Safty and Health screen.

So i dont have any kind of Modchip installed, i have no preloaders, no starfall or anything.
    The things i have is:

A Wii with Firmware 3.4 on it.
    A orginal Copy of Twilight Prinzess
    A Wii with the TP Hack installed. (I think ...)
    A Original WiiRemote, Nunchuk and Wii Motion addon.
    A deconstructed Original Orange Gamecube Controller.
    A LG GDR 8164BL Drive which is able to use Rawdump 2.1.
    A Nintendo Recovery Disc 1.3

I came to the point where i press all 4 buttons of the gamecube pad and the screen 3.4E appears but there it stuck now.

And now the questions of the questions, how the hell do i get my Wii back to work normally (likely without soldering a modchip because i damaged a soldering point on the dvd drive of the wii while i was unsoldering the cyclowiiz?)

For everyone giving me a working tutorial under attention of this known facts i donate 5€ by paypal!

Thank you very much !

mollet

2. kLiNiKaL

Member kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

Jamaica
    why oh why didnt you just keep the chip lol

anyway...sounds like a bad .wad which i wouldnt expect from WiiPower.

so everytime you start up it hangs at H+S screen??, if it was bad .wad it would usually say "sys files corrupt" in jumbled letters.

try rebooting a few times, anything?

if you still had the chip installed you could autoboot wadmanager DVD and remove the .wad and probably be fixed, any chance you could attempt a repair on the drive?

3. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I think you need a modchip because it's required to boot a "selfmade" dvd with an wadmanager.

If you can't solder a modchip you can try a no-solder modchip, or you can change the dvd-rom with another and modded Wii.
    Also you can buy another motherboard for your dvd-rom for ~ 21€ and solder your modchip again:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27136

Edit:
    Sorry, kLiNiKaL was faster. My english is to bad to write fast. [​IMG]

4. mollet
    OP

Newcomer mollet Member

Germany
    i dindnt keep the chip because a lot of backup games wasn working NFS Undercover for example, with the softmodded wii nealy every game worked ... at last [​IMG]

no i ermmmmmmm throw the chip in the trash ... damnit...

and no, i rebooted and rebooted and rebo..... nothing happens, after pressing A on the Safty and Health screen the Screen stays black forever ..

5. kLiNiKaL

Jamaica
    all you needed to do was get the HBC installed and boot with GeckoOS or something to fix your probs.

right now a modchip or a nintendo service centre seems your only option.

see if you can autoboot TP by leaving the disc in the drive and holding down all buttons. if it runs then you can use TPhack to load wadmanager.dol but i really dont recall this working on 3.4 i am about 90% certain it only works on 3.2

6. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You are from cologne?

If yes pm me, because this week i get an bricked Wii with an modchip.
    We can change the drive and fix the problem. After this we change the drive again and thats all.

7. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    1. On 3.4, tp hack savefile is deleted everytime you boot system menu... it's a one time job, you have it till next restart of system menu... so you don't have tp hack save...

2. On 3.4, without a trucha bugged ios (default IOS 50 has fixed trucha) you can't boot modified discs like wad manager autoboot or homebrew channel iso...

3. The only way to put the tp hack save is using the backup disc (gayfish disc), search around the forums one guy seemed to work that out on 3.4 with a banner bricked wii.. sure you need a modchip...

4. Though not released at the moment, contact comex, maybe he got to the point that SSBB exploit could be tested... though you'll need a dual layer supporting chip and of course a unmodified dump of SSBB dual layer iso...

so you need to obtain a modchip and try out 3 or 4

ps: here is the recovery using backup disc method :
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132373

you don't even need to install twilight hack save into your wii...

8. mollet
    OP

Newcomer mollet Member

Germany
    no iam from Stuttgart / Germany. Cologne is to far away for a wii problem [​IMG]
    Can we not write in german here is this forbidden ?
    Where can i get a solderless modchip in germany (cheap.. and one which is working!!!)

9. Luigi728

Member Luigi728 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    On the health & safety screen, try pressing - and + at the same time. If it works, your Wii gets into recovery mode. That's nearly the same as normal, but if you're lucky, your Wii does boot then.

10. mollet
    OP

Newcomer mollet Member

Germany
    ill tried but it doesnt work ;(

11. kLiNiKaL

Jamaica
    you definatley need a modchip installing dude, if i was u i would definatley try and fix that solder point, i mean even if you have to run the wii out of its chassis for 10minutes and hold it in place.

you can then use one of the repair discs to get rid of that .wad

12. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You can buy it from netherland, they ship to us.

http://www.consolepro.nl/nintendo-wii-modding-c-26_46.html

The DriveKey and the Wasaby DX is an no solder modchip. Just plug it in, fix your Wii, and remove it.

At the next brick you can use it again. [​IMG]

PS: This is an english forum, i think it's better to write in very bad english than good german. [​IMG]

13. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Borrow one of the flatcable modchips somehwhere and atutoboot WAD Manager or Zelda.

I did only release ONE channel, and that was for R3(?). All other channels are not from me, and do you really even faintly think i would release a channel for a RC version???

14. mollet
    OP

Newcomer mollet Member

Germany
    is the drivekey a good modchip ? (does anyone know if the Sports Resort is compatible with it?)
    which solderless modchip would you prefer ? (there is also an an wasabi zero solderless)...

15. WiiCrazy

Turkey
    He is on 3.4, he can't... twilight hack savefile is a one time job on 3.4... you boot the wii, copy the savefile, do the hack.. on reboot hacked savefile is gone... he doesn't have it. Also wad manager won't boot on trucha fixed IOS 50...

16. mollet
    OP

Newcomer mollet Member

Germany
    so what is the solution ?

is this the only solution ?

Nintendo of Europe GmbH
    Reparaturabteilung
    Stockstädter Str. 12
    63762 Großostheim

17. WiiCrazy

Turkey
    read my previous post,
    also here...
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132373

18. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    follow wiicrazy's advice, don't keep posting other comments that have been mentioned guys, it will confuse him.

19. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
  20. mollet
    OP

Newcomer mollet Member

Germany
    ok i bought a modchip and will come back to this thread when the wii is back in life.