Banner Brick? Something else? Help would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Reinhart_x, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Reinhart_x
    OP

Newcomer Reinhart_x Newbie

United States
    So, I just installed Preloader .29 and all went well...until I pulled out my SD card while in the Preloader menu and while it was doing something. Now the reason I did this is because I had tried to load the hacks.ini file before and it never read it, then something happened the one time I decide to pull it out and I didn't even notice. Well, doing that was stupid on my part and I had a bad feeling when I noticed something was going on after I pulled it out. Sure enough, when I went to the system menu, I get the banner brick symptoms. "The system files are corrupted..."

So, hoping I'm not completely screwed, and not knowing about bootmii before hand with the NAND backups and whatnot (I'm so installing that if I get this fixed), here are my stats: appreciated

3.2U system
    Starfall installed
    Preloader installed
    Homebrew Channel working
    Any Title Deleter and Wad Manager are on SD card

I've searched many topics that had similar symptoms but obviously they didn't occur the way mine did, and with more than a couple solutions to the problems, I couldn't decide what to try. Hopefully one of you kind and generous souls can help a brother out here and we can get this mess sorted out. Thanks so much.

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    if you have preloader your not bricked

go to the settings on preloader and change the IOS to 249 then back to 30

3. Reinhart_x
    OP

Newcomer Reinhart_x Newbie

United States
    Wow, thank you so much, I can't believe it was that simple, I'm glad I waited to do something about it. Thanks again!

4. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Another possibility to look out for is that patching IOS60 after installing Preloader 0.29 can temporarily break the system menu. If that happens, re-running the Preloader installer in HBC can fix it. You can also load the system menu under alternate IOSes as mentioned above (although this may hide the problem rather than correct it).

If this works for you, run with it, and make a note of what you did down the road in case something goes wrong.