Hacking Banner Brick on 4.0 - How to repair with Preloader?

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
after I had install the Preloader on my Wii I got a banner brick. I started my Wii in the Preloader mode and had delete all IOS (exept the system IOS) with the anytitledeleter. I thought that a wrong IOS was installed , but after I started my Wii again the Banner Brick was still there. Now I can´t start the Homebrew Channel with the Preloader, cause a IOS is missing.
mad.gif

How can I start the Homebrew Channel again? (I made a backup with the anytitledeleter before I delete the IOS, but I don´t know how to start it)
And then it works again, how can I remove the Banner Brick?

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm this is shice.

Well:
Do you have a cIOS installed?
Load Wad Manager. He will use the cIOS and then install all the IOS again.

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The cIOS rev8 Installer runs with the Preloader, but then it starts my Wii Remote loses the connection to the Wii and i can´t control the Installer (before I delete the IOS it works). Is there a release of the cIOS installer which can be controlled by a GC Pad?

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have an idea how I maybe can install the IOS:
I start the Wii with SaveMiiFrii and then I put a autoboot Game in the Wii. After the Disk boots, the Wii should install the missing IOS from the disk.
Can this work?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you can manage to get the any title deleter to work, you can remover the bad wad. So you can boot the system menu and update online. Maybe that works?
Of course, you won't have the Homebrew Anymore...
edit: damn your already on 4.0
frown.gif
but you can still remove the bad wad

Or maybe cIOSCorp? It installs a lot of cIOS as well

And I don't think your idea can work cause you have no cIOS to run the game...

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Dare I ask why you removed a lot of IOS:es because of a banner brick. You should just remove the bad wad that caused the brick ... nothing else.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
2 things, you shouldn't have deleted anything but the bad wad you installed. BIG Mistake.

if you actually manage to get into either wad manager, Channel file manager or anytitle deleter, then delete the bad wad...but It may be too late. If you do manage to run any of those though, it does maen you can reinstall firmware too.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
You must have at least some IOS left, since preloader still runs. Get a version of Wad Manager that uses that IOS. Install original IOS:es again (extract from game discs). Also remove the bad wad with any title deleter.

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
joda said:
Dare I ask why you removed a lot of IOS:es because of a banner brick. You should just remove the bad wad that caused the brick ... nothing else.
I have delete the IOSs, cause I didn´t know which IOS was bad

TroyTheZombie said:
2 things, you shouldn't have deleted anything but the bad wad you installed. BIG Mistake.

if you actually manage to get into wad manager, Channel file manager or anytitle deleter, then delete the bad wad...but It may be too late. If you do manage to run any of those , it does maen you can reinstall firmware too.
QUOTE(joda @ Apr 15 2009, 09:00 PM)
You must have at least some IOS left, since preloader still runs. Get a version of Wad Manager that uses that IOS. Install original IOS:es again (extract from game discs). Also remove the bad wad with any title deleter.
OK I try it.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
lot10 said:
joda said:
I have delete the IOSs, cause I didn´t know which IOS was bad
A banner brick is never because of a bad IOS. BANNER, read animation + sound thingie on channels, is in noooo way connected to IOS. You might fuck up an IOS with a bad WAD, but that hasn't got anything to do with banners, or banner brick.

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
joda said:
A banner brick is never because of a bad IOS. BANNER, read animation + sound thingie on channels, is in noooo way connected to IOS. You might fuck up an IOS with a bad WAD, but that hasn't got anything to do with banners, or banner brick.
Ok thanks.

One Question:
When I should get the Anytitledeleter started, how can I start the backup (with the IOS), that I made before I deleted the IOS?

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a success
smile.gif

I maneged it to install ios16 and then i was able to install other cios and ios. After that the cios36 rev 10 installer was working again and I have install the cios36 rev 10 WAD. And after that I have install the Homebrew Channel again.
Now everything works like before I made the big mistake to delete the IOS.

How can I find now the bad WAD?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
lot10 said:
I have a success
smile.gif

I maneged it to install ios16 and then i was able to install other cios and ios. After that the cios36 rev 10 installer was working again and I have install the cios36 rev 10 WAD. And after that I have install the Homebrew Channel again.
Now everything works like before I made the big mistake to delete the IOS.

How can I find now the bad WAD?
You must remember for yourself what you installed to brick your Wii. Uninstall the last wad you put in before the brick.

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The last thing that I have installed was the Preloader. After that I got the banner brick.
Can I be that I´ve got the banner brick because I installed the Preloader 0.28 on my 4.0 system?

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have install Preloader 0.29 now and everything works again
smile.gif

The banner brick (or what it else was) is gone!

Thanks for your help!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse