snaker

OP
Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok for some reason my wii got banned from the monster hunter g servers.I have a bunch of stuff on it like hombrew channel,gecko os and more and i also have a modchip installed.When i try to connect i get a japanese message that says to contact them if i want to know what happened.Anyway i deleted all my MHG data and the made a new one from the beggining but i get still the same message.I assume that my wii got banned only from MHG servers.So i want to ask is there a program that can change the console id of the wii.If you know something similar to console id changer for the ps2.
The only thing i can think of is that every wii has a unique id that specifies it worldwide and this is which need to be changed in order to unbann it.Is there a way to fix that?

D

Deleted User

Can you or can you not read Japanese?

It could be a server down error. Heck, it could be some sort of error that's never related to banning.

snaker

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
It is not an error.Is shows the id i used to have on the server and then it shows something about capcom abuse.I have an ofline account that i use codes and another account for online that i dont use codes.I never use codes on capcom servers online because i got banned at ps2 at the past with MH2.They have anticheat protection and i know that.Is it possible they saw i was using codes from the offline account?Maybe because the game uses a shared net file?
Either way is there a way to fix that?

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it is applicable to capcom serviers but this is from what I've read relating to wiis getting banned from Mario Kart online play.

Nintendo identifies your wii by three things: your IP, your friendcode and your wii's MAC address.

The first one is cured by resetting your router or failing that your ISP may be able to give you a new IP.

A system format will erase your old friendcode.

If your MAC was banned, which is hardcoded on the Wii's wifi module, you're screwed. You can replace your wifi module or just call CAPCOM and request to be unbanned.

snaker

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thanks i will test them.If the mac is which is banned(i find this the most possible) then i can buy a new wifi board.they are cheap.Are you sure there is not any other id that specifies the machine on the net,like something on the motherboard?

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. as ips are pretty useless to identify someone, they wont use ips to ban you
2. as friendcodes can be changed easily, they wont use this code for banning
3. the wii doesnt send the mac adress. unless its coded in the game(and i bet its not). a mac adress is only needed for the lan network. i really dont think they use the mac adress...

so, whats left?
the wii has several keys to encrypt games and identify you. those are set when the wiis are manufactured:
- savegame and wiirare encryption (multiple keys)
- identifying at nintendo servers (shop purchases, etc)
- identify for playing games at nintendo servers
- and others

im not sure if those are hardcoded(unchangeable) or if the second and third key is the same. if it is and you manage to change it, youll loose all games you bought in the shop channel.

anyway, if you cheated online: HAHA YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE. YOUR WII SHOULD BURN. I HATE CHEATERS WHO PLAY ONLINE. GO TO HELL
and if you haven't: sure sucks... i dont know if theres some tool out there that might help you... if its hardcoded, you will have to replace the memory chip(or whatever contains that information) or get a new wii.

P.S. though i dont really know. its just my guess. ip, mac and friendcodes just sound way too unrealistic. i bet its somewhere on the nand(boot1(unwriteable) or on the writeable(only old wiis) boot2). though could be somewhere else too.

snaker

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why no hacker has made any progress at such things.Or maybe they dont want to tell.These are really useful stuff to know and we have no clue.At least they could tell us what is going on.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they prob banned you cos you don't live in japan. someone prob reported you cos you wasn't speaking Japanese in the game
tongue.gif

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Blade, I think you were banned due to not being in Japan or Eurasia in general. Since there is no official NTSC-U release of MHG, and the only way to play import versions is to A) own an NTSC-J Wii or B) Have a modded Wii, I assume they banned you for TOS breach and IP locale.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs