Gaming Banned in Monster Hunter for nothing?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend recently went online in Monster Hunter Tri, solo, just to look at the missions and maybe do one. Before he made it to the Mission desk, another player popped into his city. Immediately afterwards, he lost his connection. When he tried to reconnect, he got a message saying he was banned for 10 days. He didn't do anything. The only thing is he's playing from a backup, and that's it. Is it possible that some jerk is running around with modified files that makes other users look suspect?

Anyway, is there a workaround of fix, or will he just have to wait it out?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to spoof mac addresses; if I get your mac address and get banned on it, not sure if you would be able to play.

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it even possible for poeple to notice if you are playing from a backup?

Maybe just a jerk as you said with some "cheats" that makes him able to do stuff like that. But I don't think that is poosible, or is it?

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country

Maybe just a jerk as you said with some "cheats" that makes him able to do stuff like that. But I don't think that is poosible, or is it?
There was an old DGAmer glitch ( a ds chat) that could disconnect all users from a channel. And aswell, there was one my friend did on some troll that banned the troll for 2 days. I'd say it's possible.

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

There was an old DGAmer glitch ( a ds chat) that could disconnect all users from a channel. And aswell, there was one my friend did on some troll that banned the troll for 2 days. I'd say it's possible.

Really? Well If that is what it is I hope that never happens to me.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The other player most likely sent a packet to your city.

Sucks, but there is no way to prevent stuff like this from happening.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
get a new ip?
i doubt you can even get unbanned without a new wii

or you could save money and get a nice lil gecko code that spoofs your MAC to bypass bans.

You dont get banned via IP, that would be stupid simply because not all providers use static IP addresses, you get banned via your unique MAC address on your Wii.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting stuff, guys. Since its only ten days, he's just going to wait it out. I was hoping for some information in case it happens again (or to me!). Thinking about it though, Monster Hunter is run on Capcom's exclusive servers, not Nintendo's. Wouldn't that mean they could process the bans differently to keep from dealing with workarounds? I'm pretty sure its not unlikely that the ban may be processed by player ID, in which case he'd have to have a completely different character in order to play. Not sure though. Can't really test this kind of stuff without getting banned myself, and I really don't feel the need to find out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s