Hacking Banned Forever

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Well,

Tried to start a Topic AGAIN on the DS Xtreme forums entitled "Homebrew Firmware" with the link to

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=DS-Xtreme

and Rabid banned me forever, maybe the name is Rabid for a reason
hate2.gif

cry.gif
Oh my life will never be the same
cry.gif

Im left wondering in the wastelands, forever to roam with my secrets
grog.gif

Oh actually maybe 'ill just buy another mobile sim card and logon with a different IP
nyanya.gif

R....

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL,

Actually I got a R4DS, which works great.
But I was expecting so so so much more from the DSX as it is a funky piece of kit.

Just rummaging around the draws for that other sim card
smile.gif

R....

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tried to start a Topic AGAIN on the DS Xtreme forums
You mean the "DS Xtreme forum for idiots", right? Because we all know this right here is the "DS Xtreme forum for the rest of us". The idiots-forum is a like a combination of a comedy and a museum now that the product has died. You'll have more fun with it if you learn to work with it, and not against it. ;]

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to start a Topic AGAIN on the DS Xtreme forumsYou mean the "DS Xtreme forum for idiots", right? Because we all know this right here is the "DS Xtreme forum for the rest of us". The idiots-forum is a like a combination of a comedy and a museum now that the product has died. You'll have more fun with it if you learn to work with it, and not against it. ;]

Lol "DS Xtreme forum for idiots", well I wouldnt insult the poor members that way.

Its not their fault that the "Super Moderators " Like Rabid dont want his members to learn things
lecture.gif

And i'm laughing my arse off at the Irony of a card based on the reverse engineering efforts of others (chism ect...) dont like to be reversed engineered.
wacko.gif

Anyway I reposted the thread on the DSX forum, proxy servers are wonderfull, an endless supply of new IP addresses to be banned
rolleyes.gif

Although I do have other flash cards R4DS, the DSX is seriously heavy weight hardware compaired to the others. Its a shame really....

R.....

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quote from Rabid on DS-X Forums

QUOTE said:
Actually Chuck had nothing to do with it. When you come up with a plan for fixing bricked units and can 100% garuantee that no single user will come here to fix it and that you personally will work to fix every single unit that does have issues with your "brilliant" idea it will continue to be deleted and you will continue to be banned. Oh yeah you will also have to come up with something of your own, like a cart, firmware, stuff like that, you know earn it.

MMM where to start responding to this
wtf.gif

When the topic was "SUGGESTED" someone responded asking what we could do.
One of the replies was maybe we could write a better updater or at least a format utility to put the Cypress CY7C68033-56LFXC into a state where the updater would work correctly.

The current updater from what I can see, can sometimes leave the DSX in Manufacturing mode (PID=04b4, VID=8613) and doesnt seem to partion up the NAND Correctly or maybe doesnt program the Cypress CY7C68033-56LFXC with correct params. Also the updater is not user friendly, not telling the user what could be wrong and how to fix it.

Anyway its was all just a suggestion, nothing concrete.

As for the "Lameass" comment from Rabid, "Nice ,very literate"
lecture.gif

R....

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the place is a joke anymore, actually, the place isn't a joke, just the devs. If I had some money to blow, I might pick something else up. So until then, I have to deal with this $hitty cart.

Maybe someday soon we'll see something fresh. It would be cool if someone just made their own OS and fixed issues. I would pay money for something that fixed the arm7 issue. Sucks, especially since Im on a mac...

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the place is a joke anymore, actually, the place isn't a joke, just the devs. If I had some money to blow, I might pick something else up. So until then, I have to deal with this $hitty cart.

Maybe someday soon we'll see something fresh. It would be cool if someone just made their own OS and fixed issues. I would pay money for something that fixed the arm7 issue. Sucks, especially since Im on a mac...

Got to agree with you the site, support and firmware is a joke.
What insane mindset discourages experimentation, we would still be living in the stone age if that was the norm. Makes me wonder if Rabid knows the earths not flat.
rofl2.gif

May I recommend the R4DS its cheap and works with absolutely everything you throw at it. I've got both..

R...

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I do have other flash cards R4DS, the DSX is seriously heavy weight hardware compaired to the others. Its a shame really....

If you didn't know already, the Cyclods and I believe the M3 and G6 Real also use the A3P250 part.

EDIT: SCDS1 and N-Card also

The M3 is just a rebadge R4DS with slightly altered firmware. The pin count on the ATF01 chip looks to low to be a FPGA more likely to be some sort of custom Amtel ASIC, this would also account for the low price and tidy circuit board.
R4DS Side 1
R4DS Side 2
M3 Side1and2

I'm not sure what chip is in the CycloDS Evolution its certainly big enough to be a FPGA
CycloDS Side 1
CycloDS Side 2

The G6 certainly has a FPGA but the USB Dongle puts me off, if the dongle dies then your screwed.
G6Real Side 1
G6Real Side 2
G6 Dongle

The AceKard R.P.G is the next one im likely to buy, becuase of the similarities to the DSX I need to checkout that the DSX company had nothing to do with it before I buy
hate2.gif

AceKard Side 1
AceKard Side 2

I orginally bought the DSX for the promised USB debugging which never materialised and the thought of speeding up the, Compile->Download->Execute->Test programming pipeline. Unfortunately you cant leave the DSX plugged into the PC so the programming pipeline is no better then a R4DS. As you can see I'm more programmer then games player
smile.gif

FPGA's are amazing little devices, they can be programmed to be almost any logic device, from a ARM/8501 core to a complex Mpeg DSP.

FPGA: Actel ProASIC3 A3P250
DATASHEET: http://www.actel.com/documents/PA3_Auto_DS.pdf

A slight observation:
I assume the way the DSX company has behaved, that they are a bunch of talented ametuers, that made a successful piece of hardware (off the backs of discoveries of others Chism ect...). Got a $hitload of money in and thru it all away
grog.gif
. Whilst cash rich they offloaded some of the support to not very bright individuals
ph34r.gif
. Just my observation of what usually happens in this industry.
lecture.gif

For anyone contemplating buying a DS-X Dont...........
The R4DS is currently the best value for money out there and it does what it says on the box!

R....

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
The AceKard R.P.G is the next one im likely to buy
I wouldnt suggest that because copying time into nand flash by cable is ages (its like 10-20 time slower than with microsd reader).
And in Acekard sometimes randomly my saves dissapear (dont know why).

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant that the M3 Real uses the same chip, the Actel A3P250 as do the CycloDS, G6 Real, N-Card and Clones, and Supercard DS1. I couldn't find an image of the EZ V disassembled, but a page in Spanish says that it's got an Actel chip too.

I wondered if the DS-X team had talent that left early on. They had a strong start, but were seemingly unable to get anything accomplished after that.

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@reveng

Completely off topic, but how do you go about getting a proxy server to supply endless IPs? Will this work with torrenting?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure whether Proxys will work with Torrents, I would assume they do.

The Darker side of the internet is not really something I'm greatly experienced in, soz
smile.gif

R.....

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I wouldnt suggest that because copying time into nand flash by cable is ages (its like 10-20 time slower than with microsd reader).

Hi There,
One question for ya, can you leave the AceKard plugged into the PC and the DS at the same time.

And if you can does the DS run the games O.K

And if you can you still access the AceKard whilst the DS is running the game.

O.K, O.K its three questions
biggrin.gif

Even at 10-20 times slower, for development it would be great if the hardware can stay attached to both the PC and the AceKard simultaniously.

R...

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
QUOTE said:

How slow is it exactly? Surely it is faster than the N-Card copying speed?
tongue.gif

Also guys, I have a question; what is the exact price of the AceKard in U$D and what are the recommended places to get it?
I'm seriously thinking of getting one for my second DS.

I just hope it doesn't turn to DS-Xtreme #2
mad.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@reveng

Completely off topic, but how do you go about getting a proxy server to supply endless IPs? Will this work with torrenting?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure whether Proxys will work with Torrents, I would assume they do.

The Darker side of the internet is not really something I'm greatly experienced in, soz
smile.gif

R.....
Proxies would work with torrenting but depending on the speed of the proxy chances are the speeds will be dial up speed which is no fun. (of course that is if you use public proxies)

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant that the M3 Real uses the same chip, the Actel A3P250 as do the CycloDS, G6 Real, N-Card and Clones, and Supercard DS1. I couldn't find an image of the EZ V disassembled, but a page in Spanish says that it's got an Actel chip too.

I wondered if the DS-X team had talent that left early on. They had a strong start, but were seemingly unable to get anything accomplished after that.

Absolutely right, just been looking at some reviews and they say theres an FPGA inside (no pictures though).
Also if its the same M3/R4DS team? then its should have quality firmware and regular updates.

Nice one.

R.....

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I orginally bought the DSX for the promised USB debugging which never materialised and the thought of speeding up the, Compile->Download->Execute->Test programming pipeline. Unfortunately you cant leave the DSX plugged into the PC so the programming pipeline is no better then a R4DS. As you can see I'm more programmer then games player
smile.gif

Indeed, that was exactly what I was waiting for before getting one... thankfully I know better than to believe initial product briefs.

I wondered if the DS-X team had talent that left early on. They had a strong start, but were seemingly unable to get anything accomplished after that.
That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it: DS-X probably treated one of their most contributing internal members like they do their forum users, and now they are stuck banning people who paid too much for what they got and only realized it after the fact simply because they have no other recourse. It's the good ol' stick your head in the sand problem solving approach of "if I pretend it doesn't exist, then it will go away."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it +1