Discussion Banned for OFW just Incorrect fuses

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Neoninfinity, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Neoninfinity
    OP

Neoninfinity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Been using stock firmware, banned.
    Only went on cfw for choidujour updates.

Gonna call them up tomorrow :wacko:

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  3. Neoninfinity
    OP

Neoninfinity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Draxzelex likes this.
  4. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Running any homebrew puts you at risk of getting banned....

nachuz and NoNAND like this.
  5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    So in case other people are not misled by the title, I have a previous ban report where you indicated:
    • You used SX OS both offline and online, as low as version 1.0
    • Hombrew offline and online as well as while connected to the eShop
    • Installed the AutoRCM from SX OS
    • Cleared error logs on 5.X
    While I believe updating your firmware with ChoiDujourNX contributed to your ban (it is currently impossible to update to firmware 6.0 offline due to a lack of cartridges bundled with that firmware), I think it is a stretch to say you were banned for just incorrect fuses.

isoboy, g00s3y, lufeig and 6 others like this.
  6. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    But why choosing choidujour to update if you were only using stock firmware normally? Good luck with the phone call, not entirely sure it's gonna work.

thorasgar and Neoninfinity like this.
  7. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2018
    Spain
    Can't confirm the incorrect fuse count of this ban, he use SX OS 1.0, go online on CFW and clear the error logs, these things are know as ban flags :/

Neoninfinity likes this.
  8. Neoninfinity
    OP

Neoninfinity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Fair enough, these things were a while ago and have only booted into a few times.

Either way gonna have fun looking for a pre-owned console only unit also for future reference would using this Nintendo account (which also has Nintendo online) be able to be used on a different console without getting that banned

9. Pachee

Pachee GBAtemp Fan

Nov 3, 2015
    United States
    According to the report:
    So if you update online with autorcm on it is "safe"?

10. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    It will prevent fuses from burning. But as for being safe, well...

11. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2018
    Spain
    The log deletion are the most risk action that you take, their bans are based on telemetry and server logs, if some data are different or get deleted after the previous communications they automatically flag your console to get banned, because it's impossible manipulate this datas without run CFW and homebrew.

Since v6.0 I understand that accouts can't be unlinked from your local user (but you can call to N and say to their that you get lost of stoled your old Switch) it's possible that they manually unlink your account and let you put again on the new console, if they don't refuse the transfer, they don't ban your new Switch I guess (if you don't do any illegal action on her).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I can't trust it because the SO have one init flag for RCM mode, but they aren't watching it for now as I know.

It's the unic way to prevent the fuse burn.

12. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
  13. mattytrog

mattytrog Not on my watch.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hmmm...

The fuse check is being bypassed...

Meaning (I presume) that the system is pretending to Horizon that the fuses are burnt.

14. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hekate does something like this behind the scenes. It does a lot of things behind the scenes most people never know about, like clearing boot reason to hide from Horizon that it was booted from RCM.

Although whether it really is actually spoofing the number of burned fuses to be correct or not (if it is possible to do that), maybe someone like @CTCaer would know.

Pachee likes this.
  15. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    I still don't understand the fascination with burning fuses. People who can currently boot via RCM, will ALWAYS be able to boot via RCM and have the ability of complete and total control down to individual voltage of components (bringing with it the ability to PHYSICALLY brick the console for setting wrong voltages via software). I see no good reason to worry about it. If I get banned, I'll still be able to use homebrew, regardless of firmware, and I'll also be able to pirate whatever, if Nintendo tries preventing me from buying it.

Last edited by urherenow, Oct 16, 2018
    shanefromoz likes this.
  16. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I don't understand it myself, but I do it anyway. :P

If a warmboot exploit comes out, I still don't see myself using it over AutoRCM/jig + dongle. And I don't really play online, and I update using NSPs... and yet I deleted all wifi settings and keep a "latest clean NAND backup" to prevent bans.

I do these things... just cause...?
    Craving for "the perfect setup", I guess.
    Even if it's not about Switch, I think this GBATemp webcomic best illustrates this:
    [​IMG]

GeraltOfRivia and mattytrog like this.
  17. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The reason is that there may be an entrypoint in the future that doesn't require RCM. If fuses are burnt then you can't boot a lower firmware without RCM, and can't take advantage of it.

18. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    But as long as you can use RCM, you could use a lower firmwer (even if the fuses are burnt) and take advange of this supposed entrypoint, lr did I understood wrong?

19. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No, because you'd have to use RCM to load Horizon in the lower firmware, meaning the new entrypoint is useless to you.

It's kind of like, you have a house key that doesn't work on your house, so you get in and out using a lockpick.

You could either keep that key in your pocket or leave it in the house. If you manage to get the key working, it won't be too much use to you in the house as you'll need to use your lockpick to access it anyway. The key is only useful when kept outside the house.

OrGoN3 and peteruk like this.
  20. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Yeah I know what you mean. I was thinking in a similiar exploit to A9LH. Meaning you need to stall something in a lower firmware and the you are able to update. In this case, it wouldn't matter.

Quantumcat likes this.