Banned Console Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by shanefromoz, Jan 9, 2010.

1. shanefromoz
    OP

shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2007
    Hi All,

My son has an xbox 360 that has be banned and i was wondering how we can get any updates that are required to run any newer games.
    We used to get updates online but since we cant go online i need another option if possible.
    Maybe there is a site that uploads the latest xbox 360 updates and i can download it from there and install via usb.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. mariomaniac33

mariomaniac33 GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2008
    United States
    I think the updates for the dashboard are on the discs, so you'll be fine there.

As far as patches for specific games go, that's a different story. I don't know how to get those without Xbox Live... [​IMG]

3. Frozen_Fish

Frozen_Fish GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2007
    You can take apart the 360's harddrive and connect it to your computer through a SATA port, then using software like XPort360 or XPlorer360 you can place updates on Partition 3 of the HDD. Check out this thread for more info:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=698060

4. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Yeah what Frozen mentioned is for game updates. However actual system updates are easier. Either you can get them off a disc or you can use a USB flash drive to get them on. You'll have to google how to do that because I can't post the link to what I would have given you. (I'm 100% sure the actual page is legal, but I'm not so certain about the rest of the site)

5. B-Blue

B-Blue im a slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...stemupdates.htm

100% legal [​IMG]

6. shanefromoz
    OP

Jun 18, 2007
    Ok so is it easier using a xbox 360 transfer cable to do it or just take drive out of 360 and connect sata to sata?
    Also i assume it means i cant do this with xbla games unless the xbox 360 is jtagged is that correct?

Cheers

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Unless you crack signing (not likely to happen) then you need a homebrew capable 360.

As for game updates I am far too lazy to type stuff right now so a bit of copy and paste from the 360 releases thread

8. shanefromoz
    OP

Jun 18, 2007
    Thanks Fast6191 im just looking for someone who can jtag an xbox 360 in Melbourne,Australia any ideas?
    Also if i jtag is it safe to go on live or will i get banned?
    I thought a new xbox 360 for jtag stuff + live and the old banned unit for copies will that work?

Cheers