Gaming Banned 360. wanna use leaf network, or xlink kai.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. i recently got my 360, and bam, not even one month old, it gets banned.

then i read about these programs, leaf and xlink kai. if i undwerstand correctly they act like a emulated LAN over the internet. like Garena or something.

anyone else using them?

Leaf : http://www.leafnetworks.net/index.jsp

Xlink Kai: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

ok, looks like XLink does not suppotr the 360

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as i remember using xlink on the 360 was pointless due to the 360 required LAN connections to have a latency of 30ms or less, anything over and it dropped the connection or something like that, making it 100% pointless and close to impossible.

I would imagine its the same for leaf, basically you are looking for an alternative to LIVE and there isn't one.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FlatFrogger said:
As far as i remember using xlink on the 360 was pointless due to the 360 required LAN connections to have a latency of 30ms or less, anything over and it dropped the connection or something like that, making it 100% pointless and close to impossible.

I would imagine its the same for leaf, basically you are looking for an alternative to LIVE and there isn't one.

Leaf is a little more forgiving but the people still need to live close and have a low ping.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i.e. if you wanna play on live, or at least with someone else, go legit or just wait for this LT firmware. (of course this would require a new 360, something im guessing you don't want to do)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As others have mentioned you need a low ping but assuming you only want to play with friends in the same town there have been a few people doing it with various VPN methods (including xlink kai).

Still XlinkKai and Hamachi are out due to needing internet side stuff and general issues with the 360 vs other VPN stuff (IP addresses and ping mainly), I would not suggest using full blown VPN software just yet leaving you with the middle ground stuff like Wippien.

To do it right you are probably going to want to wire your 360 through your PC rather than right into the router/hub.
Using: proof of concept I pulled off the other day (worked well enough) but I have not set anything in stone and it is my experience that if networks are going to mess up then it will be once they are up and running for a while.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
My experience with Internet Connection Sharing is that when it works, it works, however as soon as the computer bridge received a "dirty packet" (data which doesn't verify), something in the network fails and all communication between the computer and shared device (in this case Xbox but it's also happened with my laptop) cease to get through. Trying diagnostics only tells me that there's a communication fault in the network as it's unable to identify what's at the other end.

It's happened a total of 8 times so far in various combinations between Xbox, Laptop and Computer. To fix the problem I simply just have a free network cable located between the three to switch between when needed, although I really should find a cheap network hub to make it easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: