Banjo-Kazooie to release on Nintendo Switch Online January 20, 2022

It was announced last month that Rare's 3D platforming hit Banjo-Kazooie will be coming to the Nintendo Switch Online program, and a release date was announced just today. The game will be available for those with the NSO Expansion Pack, that allows Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games to be played, on January 20, 2022. This release is significant as Banjo-Kazooie was released during Rare's tenure as a second-party partner with Nintendo before Microsoft's acquisition of Rare in 2002. As such, Banjo-Kazooie has never been released on any of Nintendo's virtual console programs, and has only recently made his long-awaited debut in the Nintendo crossover series Super Smash Bros. However, in recent years, partnerships between Microsoft and Nintendo have become more common, ending the long drought of Banjo's absence from Nintendo's platforms.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's finally happened. After so many years, Banjo Kazooie can finally return home. We haven't gotten Banjo Kazooie VC on any console until now. Might not have the same modernizations it does in Rare Replay, but the original version is still very enjoyable, and purists might prefer it.

Tooie I would not want to play a barebones emulated version of though. Needs at least a 60FPS patch, as the original could drop down to as low as 15 FPS or even lower.

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Banjo-Kazooie holds a special place in my heart and I got weirdly excited just seeing a flashy new trailer cut together for it. I've been replaying it on an emulator for the past two days because I couldn't wait for it to hit NSO, and the N64 version still holds up beautifully (though it is slightly annoying when you have to recollect a bunch of music notes because you died in the shitty engine room in Rusty Bucket Bay goddammit). Anyway I'm very excited about this and I love seeing Banjo in the news again.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Unfortunately lag will still be a thing unless they let you download the game to play ir offline and even then the emulator Nintendo is using sucks.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately lag will still be a thing unless they let you download the game to play ir offline and even then the emulator Nintendo is using sucks.

NERD's only good emulators were from the Snes and NES, their N64 emulator is utter garbage. OOT is the worst it's ever been officially emulated lol.

Reactions: Wavy and Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One good game each month, well, at least that.

If I was an NSOEP customer I'd be disappointed with how everything is so underwhelming.

Reactions: Gozaburo

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts when? And dont @ me cus its better than Simpsons Hit & Run!

N&B is a native 360 game, so it would probably need a full port. So I doubt it will happen unless the source code is leaked or someone completely REs it, both of which I also doubt.

IIRC even MS’s emulator felt sluggish on the Xbone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass