Hacking Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge save doesn't always load (EZ Flash Omega)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,163
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
I've been using my EZ Flash Omega for a while now and this is the first time I've run into an issue, when I try to play 'Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge' a lot of the time my save isn't there (the game only lets me select 'New Game') I usually have to restart the game 2-3 times and then the game lets me select 'Continue' followed by my save. I haven't had any save issues on any other games.

Is this a known issue or are there any ideas on what could be causing this?

thanks,

D

Deleted User

OP

I've read through all of that, the saves don't seem to be corrupted tho, as the the game reads the save after 2-3 restarts, it just seems to be a problem with 'Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge' and it reading the save file. I've tested the game on other emulation and have zero issues, it only seems to happen with EZ Flash Omega.

I have gone back and checked previous games I've played and have no problem loading their saves so I don't believe its a problem with saves in general, it seems to only be an issue with 'Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge'.

Could there be some kind of incompatibility with 'Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge' and EZ Flash Omega?

wally86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had this problem. I think I think have found a way to load the save every time. Select the game with A. Then go to clean boot or boot with Add-On. Hold L, then press A. This loads the ROM with multi-boot (GBA bios). Seems to load Everytime for me so far.

I've read through all of that, the saves don't seem to be corrupted tho, as the the game reads the save after 2-3 restarts, it just seems to be a problem with 'Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge' and it reading the save file. I've tested the game on other emulation and have zero issues, it only seems to happen with EZ Flash Omega.

I have gone back and checked previous games I've played and have no problem loading their saves so I don't believe its a problem with saves in general, it seems to only be an issue with 'Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge'.

Could there be some kind of incompatibility with 'Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge' and EZ Flash Omega?

Reactions: EZ-Flash2

trifalger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll add to this since I had the same thing happen to me today and the multi-boot method didn't work for me. I'm using EZFLASH Omega DE with Simplelight.

Fortunately, I used the EZFLASH Boot with Addon and used the L+R+Select and SAVE in conjuction with in-game saves. Never can be too safe. Anyway, I could still load my game from there but not from the in-game save. So what I did was load the game with Boot with Addon, used L+R+Select and LOAD to load save. Opened in-game menu and saved to 2nd save slot there (there are 3). I closed the game, reopened it, and this time, I went ahead and created a new game. I went through the intro until I could save (once Mumbo sends you to the past), and saved. I closed the game, reopened, and this time, I was able to select CONTINUE and saw new game I'd just made in slot 1, and now, suddenly, the save I'd made from before to slot 2 appeared with all my progress and everything. I went ahead and saved again to be sure, restarted, and my slot 2 save remained. Good to go.

I'll go ahead and disclaim that I'd manually deleted the .sav file from SAVER beforehand thinking that would wipe the issue and let me copy the backup I'd made back and it just work, but that unecessary apparently and maybe I don't know how saves actually work in this system (somehow still).

Also, when I looked into the SAVER folder I saw a file identical to the Grunty's save file but with a .mde extension. In another forum someone said this may indicate corruption but I ran a scan and found no errors on card. I went ahead and deleted that and backed up the SAVER folder to PC anyway. In any case, this solved my missing in-game saves with Grunty's Revenge. At least for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU