Banjo-Kazooie confirmed for January release on Nintendo Switch Online

aaaaa.png

Announced unusually early is an unexpected pick for the next Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack game. Rare's 3D platforming hit, Banjo-Kazooie will be landing on the Nintendo Switch as part of the NSO subscription this January after a good few years of the game not being available on Nintendo platforms.

:arrow: Source

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I don't really care about how many games they release if the emulation quality isn't on par with Wii VC.
I wish they would aim higher with PJ64 aspirations but I know that's too much to ask for, still a guy can dream in a world I guess

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow Nintendo releases the base version of a very old game, and it's making headlines.
A game which already had an HD release.
I honestly wouldn't support them by giving them this much press.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow Nintendo releases the base version of a very old game, and it's making headlines.
A game which already had an HD release.
I honestly wouldn't support them by giving them this much press.
its got more press because its a competitors game ip appearing on a rival console, same way every playstation exclusive gets press by being announced for windows machines considering their rival owns the platform.

Last edited by pedro702,

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah it will have ~13ms input lag, OMG it will ruin my experience!!

I just spent 30~hours on OOT and it was very enjoyable to revisit it after 20+ years...couldn't bother less with "fog" or whatever...as I said this kind of complaints are for fucking purists and speed runners if you're not one of those you will be very satisfied with NSO..otherwise if you want 0 input lag and a 1:1 experience go buy a fucking N64 console and a wired controller.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just spent 30~hours on OOT and it was very enjoyable to revisit it after 20+ years...couldn't bother less with "fog" or whatever...as I said this kind of complaints are for fucking purists and speed runners if you're not one of those you will be very satisfied with NSO..otherwise if you want 0 input lag and a 1:1 experience go buy a fucking N64 console and a wired controller.
Maybe you should lower the Prozac dosage or eat a snickers bar. Stop defending shitty emulation, there is empirical evidence out there, so drop the act already. NSO emulat

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll probably be worser then the OG hardware and fan emulators such as PJ64

bUt nInTeNdO cAn'T cOmPeTe wItH tHe sAmE qUalItY aS fAn eMuLaToRs
i'd say to hire them, but that'd require nintendo to aknowledge the fact that fan projects are better than what they make nowadays. they'd never do that because it makes their existence as a game development company pointless
(and also because their ego is too massive to make that happen)

Reactions: cvskid

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It'll probably be worser then the OG hardware and fan emulators such as PJ64

bUt nInTeNdO cAn'T cOmPeTe wItH tHe sAmE qUalItY aS fAn eMuLaToRs

people forget fan projects like project 64 mupen64 and so on have been in development for more than 20 years... they were all started in 2001(first builds).

so they expect a new emulator probably made by a small team would be of the same caliber when they spent only afew months developing it?

while nso n64 emulator is not that good, its very stupid imo to complain its not as good as projects that have been in development for 20 years...

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as a legit user, I'm pretty satisfied with the n64 emulator, though I have encountered some graphical anomalies, but nothing game breaking or absolutely horrendous. one complaint I do have is that I wish it was in widescreen. the little box you use seems awfully small, especially for me, since I'm playing on a 28" tv.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention that I've played at least 20 hours, got to the water temple in oot, which is the 7th dungeon, and I've beaten the prologue and chapter 1 in paper Mario.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people forget fan projects like project 64 mupen64 and so on have been in development for more than 20 years... they were all started in 2001(first builds).
so how about nintendo just get the rights to those emulators or just straight up use them if they're open source? bam problem solved now the emulation quality isn't shit

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow someone's salty for critiquing Nintendo lol. Stop defending shitty emulators, go back to playing Zsnes :creep: Nintendo owes you nothing. There's empirical evidence, unofficial emulators are way better than NSO garbage.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so how about nintendo just get the rights to those emulators or just straight up use them if they're open source? bam problem solved now the emulation quality isn't shit
For 20 years all sorts of people from all over the world contributed to these emulators, trying to make this an official thing to sell would be a nightmare, because someone would come out saying hey i coded this and im not getting paid and so on, not to mention lots of people who contributed from 20 years used nicknames and such so you cant even reach them and might be lost in time, and could sue latter to get their money.

Too many people would be involved in getting the rights, this is the reason no company uses fan made emulators officialy, its basicaly impossible to track down everyone involved and get their concent and settle the % of revenue for each and so on.

Reactions: the_randomizer

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For 20 years all sorts of people from all over the world contributed to these emulators, trying to make this an official thing to sell would be a nightmare, because someone would come out saying hey i coded this and im not getting paid and so on, not to mention lots of people who contributed from 20 years used nicknames and such so you cant even reach them and might be lost in time, and could sue latter to get their money.

Too many people would be involved in getting the rights, this is the reason no company uses fan made emulators officialy, its basicaly impossible to track down everyone involved and get their concent and settle the % of revenue for each and so on.
That is why open source licenses exist. There have been issues with people trying to revoke things they made in prior times but for the most part if you contribute code it is expected to be under the the conditions that make such concerns a non issue.
Also plenty of things use dosbox in official rereleases.

As far as "20 years" then it is a thing but we are also talking about computers far more powerful than anything available 20 years ago, and full time devs tasked with coding them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night