BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So heres my problem. I am a cash strapped college student. I also have a love for DS games.

This one caught my attention and i couldnt get it to work on my R4
wacko.gif
so...
Im wondering if its worth it.
1. love space shooters
2. i love insane difficulty and dying alot. I just beat N+ this morning.
3. i love huge robots. and explosions

but id dont have a ton of money, but love having the games i like in the original cases.
So what do my fellow Tempers say? Buy or pass?

CyrusVN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
So heres my problem. I am a cash strapped college student. I also have a love for DS games.

wacko.gif
so...
1. love space shooters

but id dont have a ton of money, but love having the games i like in the original cases.

R4 sux. Get a CycloDS.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me its not worth buying, even at its budget price (think its like $18 over there) but it is good to have on a flashcart.

Save the money and get a better flashcart, try it then and if you MUST have it I'm sure it would have come down in price a lot by then. I know that a flashcart costs more but still you can play other games the R4 can't.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
bangai-o spirits runs fine on my M3 Real. spend the money on a new flash cart.

i've never had any problems, with any game, on my m3
smile.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:

wacko.gif
so...
1. love space shooters

Thank you for all telling me to get a new flash cart. because thats the real problem./sarcasm

i know the R4 isnt the best cart, but its what i got. and im ok with that.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
BortzANATOR said:
Thank you for all telling me to get a new flash cart. because thats the real problem./sarcasm

Except that you say you couldn't get Bangai-O Spirits running on your R4, which means that it doesn't fit into the category of "games you like". I have no problem with you wanting to buy games you like, but here you're insulting people who are offering advice to you despite the clear contradiction in your own posts. By your own logic, you shouldn't buy the game, because you don't like it (yet). A working flash card, on the other hand, would be a good investment, as it would allow you to play games that you think you might like, and in turn purchase them if it turns out that you do.

QUOTE(Hadrian @ Sep 14 2008, 07:00 PM)
For me its not worth buying, even at its budget price (think its like $18 over there) but it is good to have on a flashcart.

Save the money and get a better flashcart, try it then and if you MUST have it I'm sure it would have come down in price a lot by then. I know that a flashcart costs more but still you can play other games the R4 can't.
Hadrian speaks the truth on all counts.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Back when I had an R4, it worked fine too.

As much as you may not want to, the smarter choice here would obviously be to get a new flashcart. Have you seen the prices of those DSTTs lately? 10 bucks! It's insane @_@ They're so cheap I might just buy one just cause I can, lol. But anyway, I would say invest on a new DSTT. It's gonna cost you less than buying the real Bangai-O, and you get a lot more games out of it. (Assuming you have an SD card...)

If you really don't want to buy a new DSTT or whatever, then I would still recommend getting Bangai-O. I love it, and it's really fun and challenging. I haven't tried it out, but I think you can also download stages somehow? Not sure how that works, but I'm pretty sure it's possible. Good luck!

DarkUli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Weird, I have the R4 for some months now, still works great.

Don't know why, Blade of Fate wasn't working at first though, but then it ran up.

Till now I pretty much played every game on my R4, don't see how people say other games don't work.
Oh well xD'

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya im not sure whats wrong with it. oh well.

i guess ill start looking for a new cart. suggestions? im happy with what the R4 can do.

Thanks guys.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aw, that sucks. It works on my M3simply, and it's in my top 5 DS games. It's absolutely amazing, and insanely difficult at the same time
tongue.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
ya im not sure whats wrong with it. oh well.

i guess ill start looking for a new cart. suggestions? im happy with what the R4 can do.

Thanks guys.
Like someone else said, if you want to save money, get a DSTT; they're cheap and can do everything you're likely to need. Here's one for 12 dollars, including shipping. (You might find a better deal elsewhere, though. That was just the first decent-looking one that came up.) You can read the GBAtemp review, or GBAtemp's FAQ. (Note that Contra 4 was fixed since that review, and works now.) It costs you basically the same amount as the one game you're asking about, so...

As for the game itself? If you liked N+, you should definitely get it. It's very similar (many small, challenging missions/levels.) But I don't know if it's worth a buy... anyway, you should get a new flashcard anyway. Even if the R4 is good enough for you (and I admit I liked mine, way back when), it's nice to have newer features like auto-DLDI patching and so forth. Plus, it'll give you an option in the future if you can't run games on your R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea