Bandai Namco trademarks Katamari Damacy Reroll

katamari.jpg

A new trademark for a video game has been made in Europe by Bandai Namco. European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) shows a recently filed listing for "Katamari Damacy Reroll". No other details are known, but going off the title, it appears that this could be either a remake/remaster, or a mobile title. The last time a mainline Katamari Damacy game released was nearly a decade ago, for the PlayStation 3 in 2009, or in 2012, with a handheld title for the PlayStation Vita.

:arrow: Source

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, i really hope Katamari releases to other plataforms other than Sony's or mobile. I really love Katamari. The idea is so crazy and even a bit dumb, and probably that's why it's so fun. Hope this turns out to be a new game for multi-plataform. (aka i hope they release it for the Switch)

D

Deleted User

Never played a Katamari game myself, but it's always looked pretty funky to me.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, i really hope Katamari releases to other plataforms other than Sony's or mobile. I really love Katamari. The idea is so crazy and even a bit dumb, and probably that's why it's so fun. Hope this turns out to be a new game for multi-plataform. (aka i hope they release it for the Switch)

Beautiful Katamari on Xbox 360, that's not on Sony's. I have them all, it's one of my favorite game, it's so arcady and fun! The humornis great too!

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If we do get it for switch we can do cool stuff with layeredfs, replacing the objects with pokemon!
It's the first ps3 game I pirated, and the most recent one I bought.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome game! ....The 2nd one (also on PS2) was nearly as good, but things went slightly downhill after that in my opinion. If this is indeed a remake of the first game then :D :D whatever the format it comes on! Fukk mobile phones though.
And to whoever mentioned Mr Driller - *salute* ;)

Reactions: cearp

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Beautiful Katamari on Xbox 360, that's not on Sony's. I have them all, it's one of my favorite game, it's so arcady and fun! The humornis great too!
I didn't knew it was released for any other systems rather than Sony's and mobile. I thought it was only for the PS3, PSP and PS Vita. Thanks for the heads-up! I'm still very excited to see this game, because i hope a lot this game gets out for the Switch too!

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Bamco has never trusted the Katamari series too much, so my guess would be that if is indeed a port/remaster it will come out on the easiest platform to develop and profit off, PS4 and XBOne, PC too maybe (considering they have been releasing a hefty number of titles on Steam lately), if it does well enough they could consider Switch, but as a initial platform I don't think so.
Now if isn't a port/remaster, prepare your wallet (and your disappointment) for a gachapon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger