Bandai Namco Confirmed Developers of Metroid Prime 4

Prime 4.jpg

According to a recent update from Eurogamer, multiple sources have confirmed Namco Bandai as the developer of Metroid Prime 4[prebreak]1[/prebreak]; one of Nintendo's most anticipated release since its announcement at E3 last year.
Eurogamer said:
Internet rumours this week pegged Bandai Namco as being the mystery studio behind Metroid Prime 4 - something multiple sources have now confirmed to Eurogamer as being accurate.
Specifically, the highly-anticipated Nintendo Switch exclusive is being developed by Bandai Namco Studios Singapore, which we understand is lead studio on the game in collaboration with Nintendo.
It should be noted while Eurogamer's sources have not been named, the Lead Designer from Bandai Namco Singapore himself confirmed they are working on "an unannounced IP (First Person Shooter/Adventure Exclusive to the Nintendo Switch)".

:arrow: Source

So we all saw the reveal trailer for Metroid Prime 4 at Nintendo's E3 Direct last year, but apart from that 30 second teaser, nothing else is currently known about the title. We do know one thing, however, that Retro Studios, the developer of the previous Prime titles won't be working on Metroid Prime 4.

This morning a post went up on resetera that shows a Lead Designer from Bandai Namco Singpapore has been working on an unannounced IP (First Person Shooter/Adventure Exclusive to the Nintendo Switch):

bammet.jpg

Namco Bandai isn't particularly known for making first-person shooters, and what other first-person adventure games are you aware of other than Metroid Prime? It will be interesting to finally find out if they are the studio behind the hotly anticipated Metroid Prime 4.

From the same job listing there is also information that the next Ridge Racer is a Switch exclusive. No further details about that are currently known.

:arrow:Source

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather Retro come back and do what they have proven they're good at. Namco seems like a really weird choice, too. I can see it being a thing, because Namco seems to be all-in with the Switch and Nintendo lately, but I just don't think it's an optimal match up for Metroid Prime.

D

Deleted User

I'd rather Retro come back and do what they have proven they're good at. Namco seems like a really weird choice, too. I can see it being a thing, because Namco seems to be all-in with the Switch and Nintendo lately, but I just don't think it's an optimal match up for Metroid Prime.
Assuming that Namco actually is developing Metroid Prime 4 I think they'll do a fine job. Not many people had high hopes for the team behind Metroid: Samus Returns but Nintendo made them meet some pretty high standards.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one of the companies have a stronger better relationship with nintendo? Namco or retro? I mean perhaps this may be influence.:unsure:

Cygen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
they better not be they already ruined one metroid
Which one do you mean?
I can only remember 2 bad Metroid games (Federation Force and Prime Hunters... okay 3 if you count pinball as a metroid game) an afaik none of them had anything to do with bandai namco

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Which one of the companies have a stronger better relationship with nintendo? Namco or retro? I mean perhaps this may be influence.:unsure:
Nintendo owned Retro, while Bamco is their own developer/publisher.
Lets put aside Bamco and talk about Retro, after they finished Tropical Freeze, they're unheard from what they are developing rn. It might be a new IP of some sort if the rumor is true. And if anything, it will be Nintendo exclusive if you don't know already.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It's all because they wanted to add Funky Kong to the Tropical Freeze switch port!! >.<
jokes aside, I'm not sure if it's a good sign or a bad sign, but I guess we'll just have to wait for a gameplay reveal.

Reactions: Baoulettes

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Namco needs to release games.. I do not care about racing cars, thought. What about Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - Road to Boruto, Ni no Kuni II, Dragon. Ball FighterZ and etc ??

Reactions: Baoulettes

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Tropical Freeze Switch Port.
You are saying to my face that they spent 4 years to port their game from a sinking console? Porting in my knowledge is a quick job and anyone could do the porting simply by giving the source code (TP HD was some third party's job for example).
Its unlikely if Retro Studios is goofing around for 4 years

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/