Bandai Namco Announces Three Future Exclusives For Nintendo Switch

bandai-namco.jpg

So far, Bandai Namco has released three games on the Nintendo Switch console: Namco Museum, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and One Piece Unlimited World. It's been no secret that developers have been impressed with the Switch's success, including Capcom, who labeled Ultra Street Fighter II on Nintendo Switch a "smash hit." Following suit, Bandai Namco heaped their own praise for Nintendo's hybrid system during a recent financial results briefing.

As translated by the Wall Street Journal, here's what President Mitsuaki Taguchi had to say:
"We have put 3 games on the Switch so far and all of them are doing well. It’s a shame, but we didn’t think the Switch [would] be accepted this fast."

Taguchi went on to announce that Bandai Namco would be developing three new Switch exclusive titles to be revealed in Spring and Summer of 2018. No further details were given, but Switch owners should be excited to hear of growing third party support for the console.

:arrow: Source 1
:arrow: Source 2

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultra Street Fighter 2 a smash hit? Wow, their standards must be low.

The Wall Street Journal's Takashi Mochizuki reported that the game sold over 450,000 copies, selling more than what Capcom expected. Because of this, Capcom has shown more interest in selling more games on the Switch.

The game sold over two million copies worldwide three days after release, with more than 500,000 in Japan. During its launch week, the game competed with Assassin's Creed Origins, which it was narrowly outsold by in the UK. In the United States and Europe, it became Nintendo's fastest-selling Super Mario game ever.

Wikipedia.org

They would have sold more if they didn't price that game at $40 for a update of a outdated game, that has game mode not even worth playing. If they wanted to sell it for $40 they could have put more effort into more characters and not a 3D First person view joy con motion control game mode that was shallow and unresponsive controls. If they tried that with the wii years a decade ago, they would not have been doing it here now. Most of the reason why people have it is nostalgia. (Yes myself included, I love street fighter 2 but maybe a port of Ultra street fighter 4 with all DLC would have been a better option for a $40 street fighter game if they wasn't gonna do it on 3DS):glare:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how most idiots are dissing Capcom for the street fighter II thing. Yall need to realize to most fighting game players. That is the game of choice. And then to have it with internet and mobile. Super bonus. Yall can hate on it cuz its an old game. But its still the best fighting game ever created. I got it and most of my friends got it for those reasons.

"Oh my god its not a game with 40000 gb download that has only 3 hrs of gameplay but MULTIPLAYER OF THE SAME SHIT"

"complains about street fighter II."

Go hug your mom and ask for a diaper change.

I don't even care. Thats how it is. Go ask for a diaper change.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
But...EA stops shipping games to the switch. They obviously don't speak in name of everybody, but likewise, not all development companies share that impression. :unsure:
"The executive went on to state that EA is looking to fully understand what the demand is widely for the Switch before it considers bringing more games to it."

Well, the demand clearly isn´t for sport games :rolleyes:

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But...EA stops shipping games to the switch. They obviously don't speak in name of everybody, but likewise, not all development companies share that impression. :unsure:
If I had to choose one publishers' games to exclude from every platform I own, I'd pick EA without a second thought. They've even got a few decent games, but they've destroyed so many good developers over the years and released way too many half finished games full of micro-transactions. They deserved it for sure the years they won Worst Company in America.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how most idiots are dissing Capcom for the street fighter II thing. Yall need to realize to most fighting game players. That is the game of choice. And then to have it with internet and mobile. Super bonus. Yall can hate on it cuz its an old game. But its still the best fighting game ever created. I got it and most of my friends got it for those reasons.

"Oh my god its not a game with 40000 gb download that has only 3 hrs of gameplay but MULTIPLAYER OF THE SAME SHIT"

"complains about street fighter II."

Go hug your mom and ask for a diaper change.

I don't even care. Thats how it is. Go ask for a diaper change.
People aren't hating on it because it's an old game, people love the old Street fighter games. People are hating on it because it's an game that's 8$ on 3ds vc that Capcom is charging $40 for on switch when the re-release really doesn't have enough extra content to justify the $40 price tag imo.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
People aren't hating on it because it's an old game, people love the old Street fighter games. People are hating on it because it's an game that's 8$ on 3ds vc that Capcom is charging $40 for on switch when the re-release really doesn't have enough extra content to justify the $40 price tag imo.
Bruh, don't bait people. LMAO
This is the HD Remix version that's 20 dollars.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, it just occured to me. I know it said that the games was exclusive to nintendo switch but I mean I was just thinking it could be a port of a tales game. (Maybe even a new one) I wouldn't mind a either tales of symphonia Chronicles HD port or the two tales of Xillia Collection port, or even some mobile games like the one on VITA or NDS port. Maybe then you can have nintendo costumes like they did with bayonetta. :)

Still I hope is good games, I have a feeling it could be shin megami tenshi game which I don't play, but I think RPG games for switch is a good start for the games on the system. I wish capcom did Breath of Fire HD or bring back mega man battle network. :ninja:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love for Megaman Battle Network series came back, but we are barely getting regular Megaman, so not looking for that anytime soon. Sign, I guess I would buy a Battle Network Collection for the Switch, if they included all the games or at least did a remake for each story arc.

As for Namco Bandai, I would take a new Tales game. Maybe a Dragon Ball RPG. Also, I guess we are getting Xenoverse 3 in the future.

I hope devs in general aren't taking too long since we can have games at the beginning of the year too.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I would love for Megaman Battle Network series came back, but we are barely getting regular Megaman, so not looking for that anytime soon. Sign, I guess I would buy a Battle Network Collection for the Switch, if they included all the games or at least did a remake for each story arc.

As for Namco Bandai, I would take a new Tales game. Maybe a Dragon Ball RPG. Also, I guess we are getting Xenoverse 3 in the future.

I hope devs in general aren't taking too long since we can have games at the beginning of the year too.
What does Bandai Namco have to do with Mega Man? That's a Capcom I.P. I'm sure we'll get more Dragon Ball games on the Switch though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands