Band Hero Durm Set send signals to PC only when Wii Remote LEDs flashing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Kompot, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Kompot
    OP

Kompot Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Nizhniy Novgorod, Nizhegorodskaya Oblast', Russia
    Hello,
    I have:
    1. Band Hero durm set with midi out
    2. Wii Remote
    3. MIDI2USB adapter (like that: http://www.goughanddavy.co.uk/admin1/image/6453midi2.jpg)
    4. PC
    I tried to connect my drums to pc and everything is fine unless leds on wii remote stop flashing.
    When leds on remote flashing (few seconds) - everything fine, drum send to PC some signals (as I can see from indicators on MIDI2USB adapter)
    But when leds on remote stop blink - drum set also stops sending any signals to PC.
    How can I resolve this issue? How drum set can be always powered on without any connection to Wii?

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    if you can't get rid of the wiimote (making the set work without the wiimote)
    you will need to connect the wiimote to pc bluethoot, or any other bluethoot device to make the wiimote stay on...

anywho, you probably didnt need the adapter.. you could connect to the pc using bluethoot and there should be drivers for use it as a controller (i remember there was something like that on the past, i had a free guitar hero clone that had instructions to use all theese controllers from consoles)
    but it depends what you gonna use them for.. for using it with a music software, the midi convertor should be the best option

3. Kompot
    OP

Kompot Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Yes, drum set didn't work without WiiMote
    But this is sound ridiculous - have some bluetooth connection when I will use only MIDI connection on PC side.

I have PC with Linux onboard and seems there is no support of wireless drum set connection.

I just want have low latency midi connection without any bluetooth stuff.

4. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    It sounds like the drum set doesn't work without a connection from itself to the Wiimote, and the Wiimote won't stay on unless it's connected to something.

I know it's a waste of battery but it sounds like you just have to connect the Wiimote to something with bluetooth.

migles likes this.
  5. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    like i said, just connect the wiimote to some bluethoot, you don't actually need to use the bluethoot.
    just pair it with the pc, and use the midi connection..
    the bluethoot connection is just for the wiimote stay on. you will use the midi usb adaptor for data...

you need the wiimote for power up the drum set, (unless you find a way to power the drum set.. without it)
    and the wiimote needs to be connected to something via bluethooth to stay on. therefore, if you have bluetooth on your phone or pc, you can use that to pair with wiimote

edit: i find something weird. the drum set got a midi port, but no way to use a AC\DC charger for power it up?

6. Kompot
    OP

Kompot Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Yes, I can pair device with something with bluetooth to get remote always powered up. But I find this very weird and think that there is will be issue with remote timeout. It just will disconnect after few minutes of inactivity (because I will not push any buttons on remote)
    Yes, I didn't see any power adapter port in my Band Hero Drum Set

7. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    as long as you use the drums (and they output something to the wiimote) if the wiimote is connected to something they shouldn't disconnect\timeout..

but yeah i understand its kinda weird.. but the weird part is. how does it come it got a midi port but no option to power it. thats the weird thing.

btw there is nothing on the manual or something about that midi port? there are official usb midi cables for band hero..

8. Kompot
    OP

Kompot Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    I don't have any manual because I buy used Band Hero.

Is there are anyone who already have following configuration: rock band drums + midi output + PC?