ceevee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banana Patcher by Marc

QUOTE said:
Banana Patcher is able to apply on-the-fly Preloader patches to System Menu without installing anything to the NAND. Some of the code was taken from Waninkoko's Menu Patcher.

Useful for:
Play your GC imports
Copy your copy-protected saves to SD easily
Move Disc Channel

Banana Patcher needs IOS36 with trucha bug and patched ES_Identify function, or a pre-3.4 version of it.

WARNING: Banana Patcher doesn't modify your NAND. However, it's still a dangerous application so use it at your own risk!
Anyone use this?

tissemikkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ceevee said:
Banana Patcher by Marc

QUOTE said:
Banana Patcher is able to apply on-the-fly Preloader patches to System Menu without installing anything to the NAND. Some of the code was taken from Waninkoko's Menu Patcher.

Useful for:
Play your GC imports
Copy your copy-protected saves to SD easily
Move Disc Channel

Banana Patcher needs IOS36 with trucha bug and patched ES_Identify function, or a pre-3.4 version of it.

WARNING: Banana Patcher doesn't modify your NAND. However, it's still a dangerous application so use it at your own risk!
Anyone use this?

Hmm...

That is actually a very awesome application.

Might gonna try it, in the next few days.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
tried it last night, but when loaded it says i cannot find sd:/banana_hacks.txt
i placed banana_hacks.txt in root of sd card as stated by the readme file.
What i did was rename the 4.0 PAL file (my region) hacks from hacks folder in the pack to banana_hacks.txt and copied to sd root... did i do something wrong? do i need to edit the txt file in some way or another?
please lend a kind hand if you can
smile.gif

i will happily be a tester.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
BlackAce83 said:
ShadowChaos said:
i'll go download and try it now, i'll report back
Must not be good he never reported back.lol

haven't tried it myself nor do i plan to, but it sounds like startpatch but with the benefit to be able to add your own hacks.

I don't know how StartPatch works, but I can tell you that Banana Patcher does not modify your NAND.
QUOTE(lostdwarf @ Jul 29 2009, 09:29 AM)
tried it last night, but when loaded it says i cannot find sd:/banana_hacks.txt
i placed banana_hacks.txt in root of sd card as stated by the readme file.
What i did was rename the 4.0 PAL file (my region) hacks from hacks folder in the pack to banana_hacks.txt and copied to sd root... did i do something wrong? do i need to edit the txt file in some way or another?
please lend a kind hand if you can
smile.gif

i will happily be a tester.
Are you using a SD or a SDHC? Is it formatted with FAT or FAT32?
I think the code I used it's not compatible with SDHC (I'm not sure, I don't have a SDHC so I can't test it).
It was very hard for me to unmount the SD and let it work with the System Menu (it would be useless to use the no-protection savegames hack without having SD enabled on Wii menu).

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i have all the files on my 2gb sd card, i have a sdhc aswell 8gb, should i try it for fun?, i finish work 4pm uk time so will try then.
cards are FAT32

Posts merged

i have all the files on my 2gb sd card, i have a sdhc aswell 8gb, should i try it for fun?, i finish work 4pm uk time so will try then.
cards are FAT32

ps i copied the whole of the 4.0 PAL hack file and renamed it to banana_hacks.txt and put it on root SD, should i have edited it first? thats all i can think has gone wrong. i followed instructions thouroughly.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
beegee7730 said:
So you run this application and it temprarily runs the hacks?
Cool.

looks like it, if i can ever get it to 'find/see' the file it needs to boot!

so if you get a disc update notice before starting a new game, run the banana, and skip it! all without any permanent changes.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
cards are FAT32

ps i copied the whole of the 4.0 PAL hack file and renamed it to banana_hacks.txt and put it on root SD, should i have edited it first? thats all i can think has gone wrong. i followed instructions thouroughly.
Maybe you have the famous Windows option that hides extensions and you added .txt (turning it into a .txt.txt file). Also, remember it must be all lowercase (banana_hacks.TXT or BANANA_hacks.txt, for example, should not be valid).
You must edit the file (before or after copying it, it doesnt' matter). But that's not your problem, because it seems that Banana Patcher can't mount your SD or the filename is not correct.
lostdwarf said:
has anybody tried this yet with a pal wii and had success?
Of course, me
rofl2.gif

I had to be sure that it worked before I released it!
QUOTE(beegee7730 @ Jul 29 2009, 11:48 AM)
Cool.
Yes.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
marc_max said:
lostdwarf said:
cards are FAT32

Maybe you have the famous Windows option that hides extensions and you added .txt (turning it into a .txt.txt file). Also, remember it must be all lowercase (banana_hacks.TXT or BANANA_hacks.txt, for example, should not be valid).
You must edit the file (before or after copying it, it doesnt' matter). But that's not your problem, because it seems that Banana Patcher can't mount your SD or the filename is not correct.
lostdwarf said:
has anybody tried this yet with a pal wii and had success?
Of course, me
rofl2.gif

I had to be sure that it worked before I released it!
QUOTE(beegee7730 @ Jul 29 2009, 11:48 AM)
Cool.
Yes.

hmmm the banana_hacks.txt.txt seems highly probable, i renamed and added the .txt to the filename but it was already saving as .txt file so could have happened.
i will try renaming it 'banana_hacks' with filetype set to .txt as soon as i get home hopefully will work then, thankyou.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
found sys menu v418 ios60
loading into memory....................ok

then crashes = screen goes mental with squiggled up letters you cannot read covering screen in lines from top to bottom.
cannot do anything, wiimotes will not turn on.

pressing reset button boots straight back to HBC which is handy though...
smile.gif

going to change screen resolution to see if it helps

ok.... changed screen to 50hz and tried without widescreen and same thing happens but takes up less room on screen (obviously)
any suggestions?

going to try different sd card now.

ShadowChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
ShadowChaos said:
i'll go download and try it now, i'll report back
Must not be good he never reported back.lol

haven't tried it myself nor do i plan to, but it sounds like startpatch but with the benefit to be able to add your own hacks.
i couldn't get it to install, i don't have the trucha bug or something, and i never bothered restoring it

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
found sys menu v418 ios60
loading into memory....................ok

then crashes = screen goes mental with squiggled up letters you cannot read covering screen in lines from top to bottom.
cannot do anything, wiimotes will not turn on.

pressing reset button boots straight back to HBC which is handy though...
smile.gif

going to change screen resolution to see if it helps

ok.... changed screen to 50hz and tried without widescreen and same thing happens but takes up less room on screen (obviously)
any suggestions?

going to try different sd card now.
I have a PAL Wii too (but with 4.1), and an user from another forum with a NTSC got it working with a 4.1 too. So the problem must be something related to the file.
Please do these tests for me:
* Make a copy of your banana_hacks.txt (the one that doesn't work).
* Delete everything in the file and save. It will become 0 bytes.
* Open the file and add any letter, save. It will become 1 byte.
* Reopen the file and add a new line (carriage return) with enter, save. Tell me if it is 2 or 3 bytes.
If it's 2 bytes then the file will never be readable. You need an OS or a text editor with DOS type linebreaks. If it's your case, send me your banana_hacks.txt.
If it's 3 bytes then, delete everything again on the file and copy a small patch (Move Disc loader for example) to banana_hacks.txt file and run Banana Patcher.
I hope it works. Then start adding only the patches you will need.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
ok, i got bored and updated to 4.1, i used startpatch to let me move my disc channel and skip health check but still want this banana patch to work so i can use the other hacks as temporary hacks.
I will try the 4.1 hacks file, and if that doesnt work i will follow your pointers in previous post... I am at work again but will try when i get home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol