Hacking ban with cia dlc?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you'll probably get banned only if you cheat/use out of region games online/use public headers on sky3ds/gateway. Using DLC as CIA will not get you banned

Not quite. We can't confirm this yet. We need people to stop posting the assumption that CIAs won't get you banned, and things of that nature.

Just because there have been no reports, doesn't mean it's not possible.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite. We can't confirm this yet. We need people to stop posting the assumption that CIAs won't get you banned, and things of that nature.

If it was possible, it would have happened already.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you'll probably get banned only if you cheat/use out of region games online/use public headers on sky3ds/gateway. Using DLC as CIA will not get you banned
people need to stop this baseless rumor. nobody has been banned for using out of region games online, CIA version of course. i know people who already spent like over 1000 hours playing MH4G/MHX and still not banned. heck i have mario kart 7 US on my JP 3DS and i'm not banned.

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There may be legal reasons why 'out of region' games are not banned on-line.

Perhaps region locking is a contentious area of consumer law and game companies don't want to force the hand of the courts or be party to a class action lawsuit. Or at least Nintendo doesn't want to be the face of such a thing.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using DLC you have not paid for in some games like smash will get you banned. A few people have said so as such. If you want to use DLC then buy it.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using DLC you have not paid for in some games like smash will get you banned. A few people have said so as such. If you want to use DLC then buy it.
Entirely untrue as well.
I've been using scene DLC online since CIAs were first able to be installed.

You and all the other kiddos need to REALLY stop spreading fake rumors. NOW.

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

True to that, i should've said "will most likely not get you banned, no garanties tho"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

people need to stop this baseless rumor. nobody has been banned for using out of region games online, CIA version of course. i know people who already spent like over 1000 hours playing MH4G/MHX and still not banned. heck i have mario kart 7 US on my JP 3DS and i'm not banned.
I've seen reports of people banned for using MHX online out of region. But i'll stop affirming

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen reports of people banned for using MHX online out of region. But i'll stop affirming
i bet you they did something so stupid they don't even know what they did. personally i have 100 hours in MHX with the english patched CIA, and i'm not even banned.

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i bet you they did something so stupid they don't even know what they did. personally i have 100 hours in MHX with the english patched CIA, and i'm not even banned.
Most likely, good to hear that, i guess the chance of ban comes from cheating/reporting, like with badge arcade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?