DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, i didnt wanted to open a new thread just to ask this.... (i asked this in another thread but no one answered me...) so my question is: i have an xbox 360 flashed with ixtreme 1.2 rev2 (hitachi drive), and i download songs for rockband, but if one day i get banned from xbox live, can i still download songs using my gamertag and hard drive with a friends unbanned xbox 360???

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
In theory, the answer is no.

From my understanding DLC is tied to both your account (gamertag) and your 360 (the system's serial number, not the harddrive). You can use the same login on more than one 360, but the content will still be tied to whatever system is was downloaded on. Basically, you can download the content on your friend's 360, but you can only use it at home if you login to Live... but you can't login if you're banned.

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
i will just reply the same as you posted in a different topic.

no, you cant do that. both your XBL account and serial number for your hard drive will be blacklisted.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will just reply the same as you posted in a different topic.

no, you cant do that. both your XBL account and serial number for your hard drive will be blacklisted.
Modding DVD firmware and then getting banned for it only results in your 360 getting banned. your actual live acount is not effected and neither is your hard drive. this is why the Arcade 360 is often refered to as a Banned 360 (or something like that) Again. it is only your 360 that gets banned for this type of offence. People can even swap out their modded DVD drive from the banned box and put it in another one using firmware tools.
lecture.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, i didnt wanted to open a new thread just to ask this.... (i asked this in another thread but no one answered me...) so my question is: i have an xbox 360 flashed with ixtreme 1.2 rev2 (hitachi drive), and i download songs for rockband, but if one day i get banned from xbox live, can i still download songs using my gamertag and hard drive with a friends unbanned xbox 360???
Yes, you can download things on your hard drive from another XBOX360 using your gamertag without problems. Tested it personally.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have 2 360s, one that's modded and banned. The other is still a virgin 360, which I use for live. I've had no problems using my harddrive on the virgin one, they won't ban the harddrive as its made so you can change it or swap it. Its not the xbox 1
laugh.gif
I have heard though, if you don't log onto live at all when playing backups. You will not get banned. Just stick to originals when you go on live.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, this has to be cleared up. Yes, you can download songs for Rock Band on your friends console (or anything from the marketplace for that matter) and use it on your Xbox, but it will have to be redownloaded to your 360 before it can be played, every time. This means if you buy it from your friends 360, you redownload it on yours, you can play it, but as soon as you turn off your 360, the content will be lost. You will have to redownload every time you want to play it, and if you are banned from Xbox live, you will not be able to do this. Buy the Rock Band songs from your 360, I don't know for sure, but if you get banned, chances are you will still be able to play the songs. Also, I recommend upgrading to iXtreme 1.4

-edit- I just re-read your post, and I don't know if it goes for the same with switching hard drives, but this method I said above is for just recovering your gamertag on your friends xbox.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The content is tied to your gamertag and console.

If you try and use the content on a different console then you MUST be signed into XboxLIVE. Which you obviously couldn't do if your 360 was banned.

So no it would NOT WORK.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, content is tied to your gamertag and is simply stored on your Hard Drive so unless you loose your Hard Drive in a fire or something, you will be able to take that Hard Drive and use it on another console and have access to your content. The RROD replacement program is an easy example. You keep your Hardrive in that type of situation as well and will still have access to your content. If you are asking, though, if you can go on your freind's box and re-download the songs to his HD with your gamertag, then no. The DLC songs even warn that you can accedentilly buy songs twice and to be careful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs