Hacking Ban fow using SX-OS

DeejayDannyJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been removing internet settings, putting into airplane mode and removing the SD card. Anyone else done the same and been banned.

As of yet I can still play online and have avoided a ban.

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? As far as I know, people with banned consoles have been unable to un-link their consoles. It would be too much to ask them to try a new console and see if it will link, but what exactly did you do to un-link it?

You can go to my account setting on the website and delete your account. It will not actually delete the account immediately but unlink it from all Switches for 30 days. You can then link it on new account.

It is much safer to do in their chat support though.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Wrathcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How many people using SX OS were going to pay for online gaming once Nintendo launched it? Because not paying for it is basically the same thing as being banned. Not sure why most people even care about it.
Exactly it's why come september or whenever they finally launch their online paid service I won't care if i'm banned, I am not paying for another sub to play online (currently paying for ps+)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using SX OS online, updating games online, not banned. Does using SX OS and I mean ONLY SX OS, not Devmenu or LayeredFS stuff even get you banned?

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Whyyyyy whyyyyyyy everyone get banned but not me :’(
Fml
I'm still not banned buddy, don't lose hope.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, I can assure you that the bans are so random, its like the days of the 3DS all over again. If you want to be extra safe, it might be worth not using AutoRCM, not using trimmed .XCI, not touching any homebrew whatsoever, block the GDPR thing, don't clear error logs on a 5.X firmware. And if you're wondering whether or not its safe to inject certificates similar to the 3DS era, it is most certainly not.

Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub.508710/
I've been doing almost everything you list here. I have AutoRCM, I use trimmed XCi for more space, use pFBA, pSNES, Checkpoint. What I haven't done is - Play backups of online multiplayer games, layeredFS, DevMenu, install NSPs. So far so good, also never clear any logs, I thinks that's more suspicious than leaving them as the Switch wasn't designed to clear them whenever you like.

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I did every "bad" stuff (layeredfs, devmenu, wifi updates through sxos) and i even updated Octopath and Toad days before the official release via Wifi in sxos. Also not banned yet ;)

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many people using SX OS were going to pay for online gaming once Nintendo launched it? Because not paying for it is basically the same thing as being banned. Not sure why most people even care about it.
Only thing I can think of is resale value.
Should I ever decide to sell the device,I don't want to have to explain to the buyer why they can't use it to play online without dropping my asking price drastically

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was banned yesterday. Only ever used SXOS, updated games, never touched Devmenu or any layeredfs stuff. Not bothered as was never going to pay for an online service :)

skylol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Updated games in OFW and even downloaded XB2 straight from my home menu but still not banned. Maybe I'm lucky because I have pretty much everything Nintendo related blocked with Pi-Hole

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country

I was planing to buy the games with online compatibility (mainly Smash, Monster Hunter and Pokemon) while pirating the ones without >:]
I could imagine quite a few would do the same.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any reports on people receiving bans if they unlinked their Switch prior to using homebrew/CFW? I'd like to install it in my switch and am OK with it being banned (if we can still update games) and it won't ban the current account linked to my Switch if I unlink it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was planing to buy the games with online compatibility (mainly Smash, Monster Hunter and Pokemon) while pirating the ones without >:]
I could imagine quite a few would do the same.
I really don't think that is going to be possible this time. I'd love to be wrong though but it hasn't looked good so far.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
i thought clearing logs is like the most burnt thing you can do with homebrew/sx-os, like a huge no-no
That's always been my position on clearing logs. They probably maintain a different set server-side so a mismatch would be incredibly easy to spot - and a squeeky-clean log is even more suspicious if it is not a brand new system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wsg boys